Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Detroit Beer Week & Beer Festival

Seems like everyone has been so morose 'round these parts lately that perhaps it's time we focus our attention onto something that really matters: Beer.

The 2nd Annual Detroit Beer Festival is next weekend [[Saturday the 23rd from 1-6pm) in Eastern Market, and it looks like they've finally posted a partial list of participants on www.mbgmash.org. I didn't go last year [[I'm not sure that I even knew about it), but I have my ticket, and am looking forward to it very much. My very tolerant wife - along with several other buddies' wives - bought themselves DD tickets [[$5 versus the $35 beer drinker's fee) to make sure we get home safely. I think this is a great idea, and I hope anyone not within walking distance of Eastern Market does the same.

Tickets are for sale at www.michiganbrewersguild.org. I think they cost $40 if you buy at the gate - so it pays to buy now. They give you 15 tokens, each good for a 3oz sample - additional tokens can be bought for 50 cents each. Though, I predict the many of the brews will be strong enough that 45oz will prove to be plenty...

I also saw an article tonight on freep.com about the Detroit Beer Week, which I wasn't aware of:

http://www.freep.com/article/2010101...ltier-spill-it
    Craft-beer fans will find special deals and events at more than 30 brew pubs, microbreweries, beer bars and restaurants around Detroit and the suburbs during the second annual Detroit Beer Week, starting Saturday and ending Oct. 23, the same day as the Michigan Brewers Guild's second annual Detroit Fall Beer Festival at Eastern Market.
    If you look at the right-most column they've got a pretty nice summary of all of the events going on.

Figured I'd throw this out there for anyone interested. I didn't know about it last year, but like I said, I'm looking forward to a great week and weekend. There may be a dent in the area's GDP for the week if enough follow suit...

Thank you for this important announcement!

I need to get down to the Market anyway. But might need to find a way home that day.

Detroit Beer Co Thursday Oct. 21 5pm-7pm first Pint free on Metro Times...MGM has free appetizers and $3 Michigan beers during same time.