Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default White Stripes Wedding

http://search.freep.com/sp?eId=109&g...8&siteIdType=2

Congrats to Meg and Jackson on their upcoming wedding. Hope they will still live in the D.

Now, if only Jack will come back home...

They are supposedly going to live in meg's detroit house.

meg still frequents detroit establishments. In the last year Ive seen her at park bar, the bronx and slows on random occasions. Its nice to see she hasnt packed her bags yet.

JUST IN CASE people dont know - Jackson Smith is the son of Patti and Fred Sonic Smith. This is a Royal Wedding in the rock world.

my nephew was the bass player for back in spades. had to step down because he became a daddy.

diver1369 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mauser View Post
    JUST IN CASE people dont know - Jackson Smith is the son of Patti and Fred Sonic Smith. This is a Royal Wedding in the rock world.

I cringe when I see shit like this. Hopefully, Ms. White and Mr. Smith feel the same.

I can't believe this was even news. Two people are getting married........oh

Quote Originally Posted by diver1369 View Post
    I cringe when I see shit like this. Hopefully, Ms. White and Mr. Smith feel the same.
    mauser: jumping to conclusions.
    Last edited by mauser; May-05-09 at 10:38 PM.

diver1369 Guest

I should have been clearer about what made me cringe. It's the raising of an event to a Royalty status when they are both probably small d democrats. Too much of rock n roll culture is elitist but I wouldn't include these two among that number. Didn't mean to bum you out.

[[[[[[[[YAWN)))) Overrated... in every aspect.

Quote Originally Posted by diver1369 View Post
    I should have been clearer about what made me cringe. It's the raising of an event to a Royalty status when they are both probably small d democrats. Too much of rock n roll culture is elitist but I wouldn't include these two among that number. Didn't mean to bum you out.
    sorry man, my bad. horrible day, and i got all snippy.

agreed on your clarification.

so how about, "what a bunch of great people, sounds like a cool family".

A public congrats; they're both great kids.

It seems some people just like to spend more time knocking Mauser for his harmless comments than he spends making them. So what if he's a curmudgeon? He's likely proud of it. Nothing wrong with that. It's not like everyone posting here at DY hasn't made a smartass, sarcastic, facetious or critical comment on occasion. I guess it just depends on who and what those comments are aimed at.

So will he now be Jackson White?

diver1369 Guest

Mauser, Right on, my brother.

They just got married in Jack's backyard in Nashville.

cool for them hope everything works out