Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Paging Gazhekwe # 2, tponetom

Paging Gazhekwe # 2, Tponetom
    I did not want this post to conflict with your other ‘paging‘. [[#1)
    So I begin with a few brief comments that will, eventually, escalate into the nether land of too many characters.So be it.
    To start with, I am so delighted to have accessed the “URL” you sent me regarding the movie, “Sweater Girl.” The title has nothing to do about girls with big boobs wearing a tight sweater. The Hays Office Censor Bureau was still in control. In any movie, married couples had to sleep in twin beds. [[Just a bit of trivia.)
    1942. I seen the movie, “Sweater Girl.” It was a Class “B” movie, A ‘filler’ if you will. A nothing movie. A throwaway.
    Except for one, very prominent, element. Johnny Johnston, a young, budding crooner, singer, actor, introduced a new song, entitled, “I Don’t Want to Walk Without You, Baby.”
    America, and Frank Sinatra, who recorded the song, later, took note, and it carried America through the War. Every teenager, girl friend, wife or lover did not want to walk with out their ’guy’ who was in the Armed Services.
    The Movie itself gained more prominence when the plot was exploited. It was the story of college students staging a musical revue that became very complicated by a series of murders and it turned into a murder mystery.
    So what is my fascination for it all about.? Hmmm, good question!
    Nostalgia? Absolutely.
    Zeitgeist? The Spirit of the times! [[Ask Eriedearie about that one.)
    But most intentionally, the music.

Gaz, Personal Note. My memory is still working. I still keep striving to solve the mystery of “Iron Ore Stew.” I remember how you tried to help me on that one.
    Another note: Black Elk: What goes around, comes around?
    When I accessed the Rare, Vintage Movie site and found Sweater Girl, I also found a Movie entitled, “Is Everybody Happy” with Ted Lewis and Larry Parks. You might remember my post about my next door neighbor, Harold, or maybe not. He introduced his “illegal” short wave radio program, by the Ted Lewis trade mark, “Issss Evvvvvery Body Happpppy!” And that became Harold’s epitaph.
    Then, a momentary tear or two.
    Yes, we got the SW DVD. I did not tell Peggy what it was until I played it. I seldom let her walk more than ten feet or so without taking her hand.
    Oh! And by the way “Sweater Girl’ has a 7.3 grading on the IMDB. [[Internet Movie Data Base.) Some years ago I found out that there was a ’cult’ following of the movie.
    People like me

Dear Tom, I am so glad you and Peggy got to enjoy the movie again. It was quite a surprise to find it! Iron Ore Stew season is coming up again, though I guess it doesn't get that cold in AZ. I can't remember what it was about the stew that still needs tweaking. I tried the recipe, and it makes a huge batch. I found it a bit soupy, if I recall. I usually think of stew as being a bit thicker. I am right now glued to the Chilean mine rescue live feed. MUST.GET.SOME.WORK.DONE. Number 13 is about to surface though.