Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Watch the Lions at GSCC Community Center

Watch the Lions today at 1pm at the Georgia St Community Center at 8902 Vinton St. Come tour our progress. Selling chili, wings, and hot dogs, Faygo pop and water to raise funds for furnace #2.

For those who are so inclined, you may BYOB.

Great news, I'll be there for the 2nd half.

I was wondering, does GS Community do this for every Lions Game?

Yes Whitehorse we do. We are also show the Sunday night game and next Monday Oct 18th we will start showing Monday Night Football.

great time, thanx Cub. Again, it is always impressive seeing the advances you and the gang have made.

Can Smoke come?

Smoke? Is this a pet?

thatguy123 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Blueidone View Post
    Smoke? Is this a pet?
    I think they mean Smoke from Mortal Kombat. Is he allowed to come? he likes to make a mess

Ok well...this is beyond my scope of knowledge :-)

No, that is my dog. Mark knows him.

Then of course he is welcome! One thing though, we have a little kitten living at the Center now...Smoke has to be nice to her :-)

bump up.....

Good to meet you Gnome! Exciting game, but crappy finish.

yeah, good to meet you as well. Meant to tell you about being careful with tearing out that stack. Once you cut out the bottom, the whole thing can fall straight down...meaning you'll f-up the shingles on the roof where the stack protudes.

Before you cut out that stack, make sure you build a brace directly underneath one of the knuckles; guessing as to the age of the house, those knuckles were 'welded' with oakum and hot lead. With age those get brittle so be gentle. I'm no expert, but have a little experience with old cast iron, it can be tricky ... I could take a look-see, but truthfully a real plmber would be your best bet.

Blue, Can you use a cat carrier, covered litter box or new cute purple kitten collar.

Also more info on Monday night football. I know some people who would be interested. Sumas

Sumas and I took a friend to thje gardens and community center. He thorouhly enjoed and has promised to invest some volunteer time/

Met Georgia, the kitten Had our dog, Putz, with us. Sort of Love at first sight.

The goat was great. Putz and he had a little stare down but nothing aggressive.

Mark's story about the invading dog was great. The goat, male or female, has some balls.Like our pugle, won"t take shit from anybody.

Look forward to getting to the game showings.

I think Cub may need to change his name to Beastmaster. Ask him about the racoon.

LodgeDodger Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Islandman View Post
    I think Cub may need to change his name to Beastmaster. Ask him about the racoon.
    I stopped by to see Cub today. Everything looks great.

About the raccoon--I'm glad Cub was able to dispose of it quickly and w/o incident. When a nocturnal animal is spotted in hanging around in daylight, it is a good indicator the animal has rabies. From what Cub told me about the animal, I would say this was the case.