Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default 2010-11 Michigan State Spartans

This thread is all green baby ! Amazing how that heisman crap talk ends when you play a well coached defense. Three in a row ! Go ahead.....rub it in.

If they hadn't been out-manned, out-coached and-out played; UofM would have won ... oh wait.

Compared to the Wolverines, the one thing I noticed in the game was that the Spartans seem to have a little bit more of a balanced team. They really don't have superstars and can actually play both sides of the ball. The Wolverine defense was pretty porous and couldn't stop the run. Once Denard Robinson's air attack failed [[the two interceptions in the end zone were deadly), it wasn't much of a game any more.

Congrats to my Spartan friends and better luck next year to my Wolverine friends. It was entertaining to watch [[and horrific to listen to as Millen chimed in with some of the most obvious and least insightful commentary ever; he should be banned from anything football in our state). It still looked like one great atmosphere to be in at the Big House.

YAY! "S" GO GREEN, GO STATE, GO SPARTANS, They destroyed the prepy Wolverines in stiniking their jumbo house. We're keeping Paul Bunyan Trophy in Spartan Stadium where it belongs. See you all in Spartan Country 2011.

34 to 17 was a breeze. Denard Robinson got his behind spanked! While Baker run like Forrest Gump.

WORD FROM THE STREET PROPHET

While The SPARTANS quest for the ROSE BOWL continues.

Neda, I miss you so.
    Last edited by Danny; October-11-10 at 08:11 AM.

GO STATE, GO GREEN, GO SPARTANS!!! We beat those pussy cats from Northwestern. We're UNSTOPPABLE! 4-0!

So what the Spartan lost to Iowa. Those Spartans have a great college football years. The quest for the Rose Bowl is not over.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    So what the Spartan lost to Iowa. Those Spartans have a great college football years. The quest for the Rose Bowl is not over.
    Tell that to the Buckeyes or the Badgers. If State does end up going to the Rose Bowl, it'll be the consolation prize this year. And it wasn't the fact that State got beat by Iowa, it was HOW they got beat. It was a literal beat down and looked like the men playing ball against the pre-schoolers. I had to turn away by halftime.

Quote Originally Posted by smogboy View Post
    Tell that to the Buckeyes or the Badgers. If State does end up going to the Rose Bowl, it'll be the consolation prize this year. And it wasn't the fact that State got beat by Iowa, it was HOW they got beat. It was a literal beat down and looked like the men playing ball against the pre-schoolers. I had to turn away by halftime.

It least the Spartans are 2010 Big Ten Champions! Too bad we have to share it with Ohio State and and Wisconsin.

There is only one bowl that really matters. The rest are just window dressing to keep a playoff system from happening.

Oh well the Cotton Bowl will do. GO STATE, GO SPARTANS Beat those [[rednecks) Alabama Crimson Tide.

The B-ball team is in trouble. They aren't very good

Quote Originally Posted by firstandten View Post
    The B-ball team is in trouble. They aren't very good
    Don't worry. Tom Izzo and his collection of velour hoodies will certainly figure something out!

YAY! Spartans didn't for the 4th straight time.They destroy those Wolverines from Spartan Stadium! GO GREEN GO SPARTANS! MSU 28 to U of M 14!

both teams uniforms, imo, are U.G.L.Y. state's remind me of the colors on the vernors label.

Congrats to the Spartans, out played us again. You gotta admit you had to be a little nervous in the 4th.
    Better team won though

Quote Originally Posted by kenp View Post
    Congrats to the Spartans, out played us again. You gotta admit you had to be a little nervous in the 4th.
    Better team won though
    When UM scored their last touchdown I got a bit tense. MSU's penalties and turnovers kept UM in striking distance. If MSU had made fewer mental mistakes, the game would have been a blowout because MSU was dominant in every other way. It was actually bizarre to watch because I'm not nearly old enough to be alive for [[let alone remember) the days of Duffy Daugherty, Bubba Smith, "Mad Dog" Thornhill, and George Webster so I've never seen an MSU team physically beat up a Michigan team like that in my entire life.

Great win over a very good Wisconsin team. I feel happy for the Nichol kid. He didn't go to MSU in the beginning because he thought he was going to be the OU Sooner QB. However with Sam Bradford there that wasn't going to happen so he transfers back to MSU but Cousins is the QB so he moved to wide out got bigger now he has a memory that will last him the rest of his life.

MSU Spartans football team just cliched the Legends division. They are going to the Big Ten Championship against either Wisconsin or Penn State! If we win the Big Ten title then its the ROSE BOWL!!!!!!! And We're not sharing it with NO ONE!

MSU Spartans is the BEST football program that ever donimate the 21st Century! In the State of Michigan. Now every high school kid in American wants to play football for the Spartans. Not the Michigan Wolverines.

Woo hoo - I'm going to Indy! My buddy just got the confirmation email for four tix through the MSU Athletic Department!

GO GREEN!

GO GREEN!! 'S' GO STATE, GO SPARTANS

Let's bring that 2011 Big Ten Championship back to East Lansing where it belongs.

Let's bring the ROSE BOWL trophy home.

Wow. Great Game. Spartans deserved to win this thing. What a heartbreaker.

Way to go, Spartans!!! Love your never-say-die attitude in today's Outback Bowl!!!!

Nicely done Spartans. I watched the very end of the game and it was a nail biter. Way to come back and cap off a heckuva nice year for the outgoing seniors.

Nice to know the Big Ten won't get clowned at all of the bowl games now.