Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Taste of Hungary @ Holy Cross church 10/10

I wish I had thought of this earlier, my bad. Holy Cross Hungarian Church is having a 'Taste of Hungary' event Sunday Oct. 10 at the church [[in Delray) The web site calls it 'autumn wine tasting'. According to the mailing I received the tickets are $20 and include six types of Hungarian Wine, appetizers and pastry.

The event is 12:30 pm Sunday, following the 11:00 Mass [[in English and Hungarian).

Tickets are sold in advance, but if any interested called the church today they could possibly work something out.

Their web site is very nice, http://holycrosshungarian.com/

The church is beautiful and has been renovated in recent years.

I just found out that the Taste of Hungary at Holy Cross is sold out.

gee thanks for suggesting what we cant do........ lol

My apologies. I called after lunch for two more tickets and got the news that they had sold out. Last weekend I received a call that they needed to sell tickets for the event. I should have posted earlier to Dyes. My bad. Apparently tickets have sold well this week, good for them. they work very hard at fundraising and spend the money well. The church is in good shape following years of renovations and upgrades.

Holy Cross is well worth a visit for anyone that enjoys beautiful old Detroit churches.

My private jet is stalled for repairs, I would otherwise zip on down there. Love the hungarian pastries and a little tokay!