Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Against government handouts even after accepting them

The Young Turks' Cenk Uygur takes on the "Tea Party" hypocrites who are trashing the government for helping others while themselves being more than willing to take those government handouts for their own....

There's Michele Bachmann and her farm subsidies. -- A guest poster followup: Michele Bachmann did vote to protect farm subsidies for wealthy recipients.

Joe Miller and his wife's unemployment benefits -- Despite Joe Miller Calling Federal Aid Unconstitutional, His Wife Received Unemployment Benefits.

Joe Miller and his farm subsidies -- Joe Miller Admits Reaping Federal Farm Subsidies Despite Railing Against Taking Government Funds.

Ron Johnson's HUD grant -- Ron Johnson's Latest Hypocrisy on Government Assistance: His Own Job Was Created by a Government Grant

And last but not least, Sharron Angle's government health care -- Sharron Angle And Her Husband Receive Government Health Care.
    http://videocafe.crooksandliars.com/...andout-hypocri

Personally I don't consider Unemployment a "handout", since the [[former) employer pays insurance to cover it, and it does draw against them in many cases. People should have the safety net of unemployment, without guilt, if they 1) became unemployed due to circumstances beyond thier control, 2) do not abuse it.

Government Grants and Subsidies are handouts.
    Health Care might be, depending on the situation. There are low-cost state [[insurance) plans in many states, but you have to qualify for it with your income level. Medicaid Health Care is definitely something that is abused - the problem I have seen first hand is that Medicaid and other Government agencies do NOTHING about fraud and/or abuse.

People can say one thing and do another and still the clueless and uninformed will vote for them. There are none so blind as those who will not see. All you have to do is tell some people what they want to hear, and you can lie your head off and still get their votes. Why do you think businesses are pouring unprecedented amounts of money into this election?

I don't approve of Michelle Bachman subsidizing agriculture but to claim that legally accepting some of one's money back that the government has taken is absurd. Fighting sometimes stupid government programs is one thing. Not trying to get one's money back is another. I sent my kids to public schools and expect to collect some of the Social Security money I paid in when the time comes. It's convenient to set such a high standards for people you disagree with and watch them fail your standards. It's like a thief who complains about the audacity of his victim who somehow gets his stuff back.
    Last edited by oladub; October-08-10 at 11:58 AM. Reason: added 'who'