Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

gdogslim Guest

Default Pint-sized carjackers got a xclade

Two robbers, one of them described as about 11 to 12 years old and brandishing a handgun, stole a woman’s xclade today, Harper Woods police said.

One of them is described as about 4 feet, 10 inches tall, about 11 to 12 years old and armed with a silver handgun. The other is about 5 feet tall with no other description.
    http://www.freep.com/article/20101006/NEWS02/101006074/1004/news02/Cops-Carjacker-described-as-age-11-to-12

What is this country coming to? A big start for young violent thugs.
    My guess is that they have older brothers who are gang members and were told to do this. Probably picked for good parts in an abandoned garage somewhere.

Why hasn't the vehicle been located already?

All GM vehicles have OnStar.

They should've located it and these punks in no time.

The woman had a vanity plate on it too. I'm guessing the kids weren't stealing it for themselves. Probably a theft ring waiting around the corner

stole a woman’s xclade today

A what?

crack babies gone wild.

sad. i'm thinking like jcole. probably got paid a hundy or so to pull it off for some coward waiting around the corner.

FEAR THE CHILDRENS

Those are crack babies' babies.

Today's kids are truly evil

This story smells hinky to me. I think we have a lady who was driving a car she couldn't afford any longer and needed to have it disappear. she cooked up this outrageous tale knowing full well that people love these "society is going to hell" stories.

When one hears something so outrageous the first response is to believe it. It has all the makings of an urban legend: the blameless victim, the roving Children of the Corn, turancy, parental neglect ...

One, why is she driving an xclade in the first place? HW is ok, but who drives a car that costs more than your house? If you are driving an 2008 xclade why aren't you rolling with the on-star? This ain't no hooptie. It's 40K of blinginess. If you have an xclade and it is insured you very well know that the cost of insurance is drastically less if you have on-star. it makes no financial sense of roll without it, unless you can't afford it and you want to dump it.

Cook up a story that taps into the zeitgeiss of soulless children running amuck, especially black children from Detroit, and you have a readimade cover for your little insurance scam.

I used to live in Dublin, Ireland about 25 years ago and I was coming back from work in a rough neighborhood near O' Connell Street; the main drag. There were these two ragamuffins maybe 7 years old who had just broken the little triangular vent window on a passenger side of a beat-up car. There was glass on the sidewalk and they were trying to open the door. I was shocked, I asked them what they were doing and they just stared and didnt answer until one of them pointed to the lock pin. He wanted me to unlock it for them...

Another time, I was sitting outside having a tea break at a set construction company in Dublin again, and a car came to a stop real fast inside the gates of the compound. 4 guys came out and ran towards a canal next to the building and as soon as the guys had left, about ten children and teens ran in and started ripping what they could of the interior of the car before our very eyes. They had to be aware of this getaway scheme before it happened. The set carpenters always had to keep an eye on the kids milling about the garage doors because they would swipe power tools and bring them to their dads at the local pub. The carpenters would then pay the dad to get their tools back.

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    This story smells hinky to me. I think we have a lady who was driving a car she couldn't afford any longer and needed to have it disappear. she cooked up this outrageous tale knowing full well that people love these "society is going to hell" stories.

When one hears something so outrageous the first response is to believe it. It has all the makings of an urban legend: the blameless victim, the roving Children of the Corn, turancy, parental neglect ...

One, why is she driving an xclade in the first place? HW is ok, but who drives a car that costs more than your house? If you are driving an 2008 xclade why aren't you rolling with the on-star? This ain't no hooptie. It's 40K of blinginess. If you have an xclade and it is insured you very well know that the cost of insurance is drastically less if you have on-star. it makes no financial sense of roll without it, unless you can't afford it and you want to dump it.

Cook up a story that taps into the zeitgeiss of soulless children running amuck, especially black children from Detroit, and you have a readimade cover for your little insurance scam.
    the carjacking happened at the MOTHER's home in harper woods. The daughter is the owner of the escalade. She lives in GP. In several interviews they discuss this. Hate to throw a wrench in the attempt to shift the burden of proof to the victims. oh and ps. the "AAA Ice" license plate refers to youth hockey...it's not some thuglife slang. pps. as someone who has had onstar equipped vehicles, it only saves about 40-50 bucks which is less than the service costs..and the same discount you get for having the anti theft system which is standard.
    Last edited by bailey; October-08-10 at 09:01 AM.

Listen here to find out why she doesn't have on-star.

http://www.wjr.com/Article.asp?id=1978015&spid=34612

Apparently, it has something to do with recently purchasing the car, and the on-star is still in the previous owner's name. The police contacted on-star to track the vehicle, and on-star said no.

One, why is she driving an xclade in the first place?

Driving a what?

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post

One, why is she driving an xclade in the first place?

Driving a what?
    Must be similar to ask = aks or axe

Escalade = eksclade

w e l l ... thanks for pouring the cold water of facts all over my half-baked theory. Excuse me while I try to dislodge the boot I had stuck in my mouth.

If this lady had a CPL, she might have been able to stop these demonic bandits.