Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default "I will have the most transparent administration"...

Transparency and Open Government

Memorandum for the Heads of Executive Departments and Agencies

SUBJECT: Transparency and Open Government

My Administration is committed to creating an unprecedented level of openness in Government. We will work together to ensure the public trust and establish a system of transparency, public participation, and collaboration. Openness will strengthen our democracy and promote efficiency and effectiveness in Government.

Government should be transparent. Transparency promotes accountability and provides information for citizens about what their Government is doing. Information maintained by the Federal Government is a national asset. My Administration will take appropriate action, consistent with law and policy, to disclose information rapidly in forms that the public can readily find and use. Executive departments and agencies should harness new technologies to put information about their operations and decisions online and readily available to the public.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the_press_...penGovernment/

The Obama administration blocked efforts by government scientists to tell the public just how bad the Gulf oil spill could become and committed other missteps that raised questions about its competence and candor during the crisis, according to a commission appointed by the president to investigate the disaster.
    In documents released Wednesday, the national oil spill commission's staff describes "not an incidental public relations problem" by the White House in the wake of the April 20 accident.

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/wireStory?id=11816570
    WELL, WHAT DO YA KNOW!!
    Who woulda thought such a thing could happen...?

BIG DEAL!!!! They aren't that much different than the last administration after all.

Same Ol, same ol. All politicians, are pretty guilty of this.

Interesting that everyone is getting on the president on this when it was his commission that reported the problem. THAT is a 100% turnaround from the previous administration and should be applauded

Kudos for the Obama commission for taking the Obama administration to task for lying to and puting the Americans people at risk. Those on the commission deserve our credit. If I recall, when this commission was assembled, only one individual with scientific or technical knowledge was included. The commission came through anyway.

Another major breech of Obama's transparancy promise was the President's scuttling of S.603, the Senate Version HR 1207. This was a bill that would have required an audit of the Federal Reserve. HR 1207 passed the House. When it got to the Senate, it was watered down to the point of being useless by Chris Dodd and other point men for Obama and the bankers including Republicans. Even Bernie Sanders who had been the Senate sponsor of this bill withdrew his support. The White House did not want a bill that would make the banker owned Federal Reserve transparant.

Here is Rep Grayson brilliantly trying to pierce the wall of secrecy surrounding the Federal Reserve and getting stonewalled. President Obama not only is protecting the Federal Reserve from transparancy, President Obama has since expanded the powers of the privately owned Federal Reserve over our economy.
    Alan Grayson: "Which Foreigners Got the Fed's $500,000,000,000?" Bernanke: "I Don't Know."

"Change You Can Believe In".

Interesting that everyone is getting on the president on this when it was his commission that reported the problem.
    If there had been no lies, there would never have been a problem.
    You keep pointing to the "prior administration", but the "prior administration" did not proclaim a new and different era in politics, the "current" one did. It promised no more lies and deceiving the American people, but like Big Dog said:
    Same Ol, same ol. All politicians, are pretty guilty of this.
    I hope Hillary does not run with Obama in '12.
    I hope she runs against him.
    If the Republicans put up doomed candidates like Palin and Newt,
    I'm voting for Hillary.

Quote Originally Posted by Papasito View Post
    I hope Hillary does not run with Obama in '12.
    I hope she runs against him.
    If the Republicans put up doomed candidates like Palin and Newt,
    I'm voting for Hillary.
    Interesting thought. Who is the most viable and realistic Republican Presidential candidate for 2012? Normally I'd throw some names into the ring, but in this case, I have to plead ignorance...

I really hope it's not someone like Gingrich or Palin, but you never know...

I hear Naked Cowboy is running for president as a tea party candidate. There's some transparency for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnlodge View Post
    I hear Naked Cowboy is running for president as a tea party candidate. There's some transparency for you.
    Somewhere Ed McMahon is laughing...

The only people who are disappointed in this lie are the people who voted for Pres. B.O.

Serves 'em right for not doing their homework.

Somewhere Ed McMahon is laughing...
    made me lol too!
    that's right. this isn't about the Republican vs Democrat eternal fued, this is about showing Obama said his administration would be truthful to the American people, and then got busted in a cover-up over PR.
    I really hope it's not someone like Gingrich or Palin
    The media would tear Palin apart [[as they always have), and Gingrich has too much dirt on him.
    Romney seems to be a bit stable.. maybe a Romney - Huckabee ticket? or Marco Rubio? Need to see more of Rubio though before throwing him that high up on the list....
    The only thing they have against Romney is his faith...
    I dont think Guliani has the pull to get it done. McCain doesn't have a chance [[America was worried about his age last time.. and he will be 4 years older!).
    There's really not much of a class of contenders out there, unfortunately, to get excited about.
    Last edited by Papasito; October-07-10 at 04:20 PM.

Obama won because the other candidate [[McCain) and the last President [[GWB) are fools.Other than Rush Limbaugh, most people don't consider him to the messiah.

Quote Originally Posted by MCP-001 View Post
    The only people who are disappointed in this lie are the people who voted for Pres. B.O.

Why did you vote for McCain?

And the alternative was who?

And the alternative was who?
    Hillary instead of the hype

The media would tear Palin apart [[as they always have)
    She earned that with a lot of hard work...I mean, fuck-ups.

That's why if Palin runs, the Republicans are gonna get stomped.

So as of today, who do you think will run on the Republican side?

Quote Originally Posted by Papasito View Post
    Hillary instead of the hype
    That is past tense. We made our choice.

"I will have the most transparent administration"

I don't see where he went back on his word....I think most of us can see right through him?

Default Court Denies Access to Fannie/Freddie Political Records

How's this for transparency?

"Judicial Watch recently suffered a temporary setback in its pursuit of records related to Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac’s political contributions. On September 30, 2010, the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia ruled, in effect, that the Obama administration... may keep the records of these two government-controlled enterprises secret.

This [ruling] shows that the Obama Administration’s commitment to transparency is a big lie. It is incredible that taxpayers are on the line for at least $400 billion, yet cannot access one document from these agencies under the Freedom of Information Act [[FOIA).

Fannie and Freddie used political contributions to protect themselves as they set up the housing market for collapse. Now, as a result, taxpayers are on the hook to Fannie and Freddie for at least $400 billion — and $5 trillion in mortgage liabilities. The Obama administration has taken over the mortgage market through Fannie and Freddie. And not one document from these two monstrosities is subject to disclosure under our open records law? No wonder the Tea Parties are growing. The Obama administration is out of control and argues to courts for radical secrecy and lack of accountability"
    -Galileo's post on the Daily Paul

Court denies access to Fannie/Freddie political records

Quote Originally Posted by Ragtoplover59 View Post
    "I will have the most transparent administration"

I don't see where he went back on his word....I think most of us can see right through him?
    Good one! I guess he was telling the truth.