Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Development at 2nd Ave & Prentis

It is a one story building that is between the Victorian home and the Blackstone Apartments.For a month now there has been new windows put in and workers coming in and out.

I checked the UCCA website, but no information.

Anyone know what is going on?

Bing Map.

http://www.bing.com/maps/explore/?or...54583&pid=5874

It used to be a pizzaria and a laundromat. Since one is interested in that area and folks getting robbed at all the time by po'folks. The mini mall remains closed until some sucker leases it.

It is the green garage. Google it. They also run a wiki page.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    It used to be a pizzaria and a laundromat. Since one is interested in that area and folks getting robbed at all the time by po'folks. The mini mall remains closed until some sucker leases it.
    Tear that schitt down!

I think it's pushing its 2nd year of total vacancy. The time has come to do something better with this property.

Speaking about that corner, how are things moving on at the Forrest Arms Appartments?
    Compared to other areas of Detroit that area came out of the misery relatively unscathed.

We used to live in the S.Olin Johnson house, the one the the north side of the Green Garage. I had completely forgotten that building, but I do remember that it was recently bricked up with that big annex added to it. I can't tell if the shoe company is still there, or if the whole thing has been bought by the Green Garage.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitehouse View Post
    Speaking about that corner, how are things moving on at the Forrest Arms Appartments?
    Compared to other areas of Detroit that area came out of the misery relatively unscathed.
    I heard this secondhand so not sure on the accuracy, but I believe they have hit a wall with funding. They got the intial invetments to get the roof on, but the remaining money has been difficult to get released to complete the renovation. Hopeflly the delay will not be too long.