Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default info on a building trumbull between merrick and putnum

For no particular reason I was wondering if anyone knew if this small 1 story interesting looking building was for sale or had any info about it, its owners or former use. It's located directly in between merrick and putnum on trumbull. Thanks.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...34449082339195

Hmm. Good question. I must have passed by it a thousand or more times and never even noticed it. Very curious.

Looking at it on google maps and virtual earth the building goes all the way through to the alley. It extremely long and narrow.

Im pretty novice about this but what would be the best way to find out info on the building's current owner. Would I have to goto the city? and what department would I need to goto?

It's owned by Ghassan Yazbeck and Marilyn Nash-Yazbeck who also own the Inn at 97 Winder in Brush Park and many other buildings in Woodbridge. You could probably contact them at the Inn. Number is 313.832.4348. Three or so years ago I was working as the real estate agent for Jim, who owns the Woodbridge Pub down the street. This is one of the buildings we looked at before choosing the one at the corner where the pub is now. The building was last used as a machine shop or car repair. There is no basement. Ghassan was asking WAYYYY too much money for the place. He obviously didn't really need or want to sell it.

Thanks Chub. Shouldn't be too hard to ask, I rent from both marilyn and ghassan. Thats too bad to hear about the price and come to think about it I may have actually heard that from Jim.

I suppose Ill pose this question to you as well then. Do you know if the former Christian Science Reading Room building is slated for demolition to make way for the 4830 Cass project that was given Brownfield redevelopment credits last year? I was interested in just the small older building and not the entire church. Im wondering if it is for sale and if the two buildings are being offered separately for sale or lease and who I might contact for information. thanks again.

Sorry, I don't have any info on the Christian Science Reading Room buildings.
    Good Luck,
    Chub

Here's another good building for sale in woodbridge:

http://www.oconnordetroit.com/proper...500_22nd/1.htm

Uh, last I checked that building is at 22nd street at Michigan Ave, far outside of Woodbridge.

Thanks everyone. Im currently trying to find something commercial, smallish, in the WSU area. Perhaps I've just had my heart set on this one. Unfortunately signs point to its demolition. If anyone has any info or can point me in the direction of finding info please let me know.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...30188679245282

any and all help regarding real estate would be a help.

Ive checked for commercial properties on UCCA and o'connor's website but im fairly green to all of this. I plan on attending an open city meeting in the not too distant future.

This may help. You can do property tax searches to see if there are past due taxes and get an idea of the name of the owner recorded. Are you sure that the first property is not 5001 trumbull? 5000 does not come up.

http://www.waynecounty.com/pta/Disclaimer.asp

You can also find city property tax information here at the Online Property Management System.

http://www.ci.detroit.mi.us/Departme...3/Default.aspx

Otherwise, property owned by the City of Detroit is handled primarily by the Planning and Development Department, Real Estate Division. In order to get information, individuals must visit the Real Estate Division in the Cadillac Tower, Suite 1100, in downtown Detroit. The phone number is 224-4194.

Records of privately-owned property are maintained at the Wayne County Register of Deeds, 400 Monroe, 6th floor. Call 224-5850.

thanks to everyone.

Have you called Ghassan or O'Connor Realty yet. You should find out what Ghassan wants for the building now. And I'm sure teaming up with an agent at O'Connor would be a very good idea if you are serious about all this.

I would echo what Chub said. When you're a buyer, use an agent before bothering with all the legwork yourself. A buyer's agent is free. You don't pay anything, and chances are the agents know owners and may know of properties that aren't advertised for sale. They can negotiate offers for you. Whatever the asking price is on a property, consult with the agent to figure out how much to lowball on an offer, just to see if the seller is desperate enough to go for it. It's Detroit. Chances are the seller will let it go for a song, even if it is in a decent area like Midtown, as long as your financing is solid.

Oh, and I would go with Brandon at O'Connor. He's been in the city for a long time doing real estate work, and he's a straight shooter, very fair and honest--no cheesy real estate sales b.s.

Quote Originally Posted by brandon48202 View Post

Cool building! What a steal! There is a great loft above that place.

Gsgeorge, You got me thinkin that too. But the "Wife and kid "wouldn't go for that plan.