Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Idea for MCS fundraiser

I have a thought on how to help raise money to help maitain the Michigan Central Station and it surroundings. How about a haunted Train Stiation tour and/or train ride for the hollowen season? Prehaps a Christmas themed open house could also be created with an elaborate model train setup along with other holiday themed events in and around the Station.
    The more people exposed to the beauty and potentian of MCS, the easier it will be to save for a better future use.

Blarf Guest

How about asking the billionaire owner to clean up his own shit?

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    plus one!!!!!!!!!!!

It would be a great idea if the place could be sealed up tight like it was when T3 was there. I don't think I've saw an urbex photo for over a month.

But getting the place safe enough would be a chore, making sure you didn't have guests sneaking off would be a chore, and keeping the performers safe would be another chore.

Also the fundraiser would be good for the surroundings but as far as the building goes, people are right the company that owns the building has the funds to fix the building right now, they're just waiting on making sure they get a return on their investment, which sucks because of all the amazing positive things that are happening around it.

Also in terms of logistics with a train, I don't believe any non-commercial tracks go into that yard anymore. I think the only tracks that travel through there now are the Canadian-Pacific tracks that go through the tunnel to Canada.

I'd say for now volunteer with the Imagination Station group that is doing work on the houses on 14th Street next to the Roosevelt Hotel [[http://www.facethestation.com)

The Michigan Central Station Preservation Society wants to do some yard work around the depot at some point but that's just an idea at the moment, nothing's been pitched.

My attitude right now is if DIBC won't do it, there are people in the area that are tired of looking at over grown grass and want to do it them selves so let them

Quote Originally Posted by mcsdetroitfriend View Post
    It would be a great idea if the place could be sealed up tight like it was when T3 was there. I don't think I've saw an urbex photo for over a month.
    Actually, my girlfriend made her way in there without trouble while the giant angel was still in the lobby. I'll post the photo soon!