Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Poor Little Rich Boy

Reality Bites.

Some 3,000 Millionaires Claim Jobless Benefits, IRS Data Show
    www.bloomberg.com

After the economy slipped into recession in 2008, millions of Americans received unemployment benefits to make ends meet -- including almost 3,000 millionaires...

Just playing devils advocate here. But the mess these poor rich people put themselves in [[living beyond their means) is the same as those middle-class people who are also collecting those benefits due to their same actions [[living beyond their means).

While I can appreciate that it is easier to survive when a person has millions the debt to income ratio, if it is similar to the middle class will end up with the same result.

I think you're missing the "feel good" factor that some people get by seeing people who were prosperous fall. It really brings pleasure to see "almost 3,000 millionaires" " Claim Jobless Benefits ". Ha Ha. Serves them right. Evil rich people who dared to get a good education and work hard and make more money than some of us. I hope they [[and all the people they once employed) suffer so that people who aren't millionaires can gloat. Yay! Sunshine and happiness!

If they paid in and they are unemployed why shouldn't they collect.
    What is the dollar amount if we are putting an arbitrary number on net worth that should exclude people from unemployment?

I believe the point is that a lot of people that make a lot of money usually look down on people that are unemployed. It isn't that they don't deserve it, it is that they don't like such benefits until they need it themselves.

Interesting. I've never heard of such a thing.

I would think it wouldn't be worth their time for such a relatively paltry sum.

Even if they're unemployed, they still need to manage their investments or monitor those who do. I would think the value of their time doing that would dwarf any UI benefits.

[[Is this April 1st? No. Hmm. )

Quote Originally Posted by ejames01 View Post
    I believe the point is that a lot of people that make a lot of money usually look down on people that are unemployed.

really, so you've talked to a lot of "rich people" that "look down" on people unfortunate to have lost their jobs?

Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post
    really, so you've talked to a lot of "rich people" that "look down" on people unfortunate to have lost their jobs?
    Yes................................................... .....................................

Quote Originally Posted by Papasito View Post
    I think you're missing the "feel good" factor that some people get by seeing people who were prosperous fall. It really brings pleasure to see "almost 3,000 millionaires" " Claim Jobless Benefits ". Ha Ha. Serves them right. Evil rich people who dared to get a good education and work hard and make more money than some of us.
    You must live in a sheltered environment. I have many friends who are engineers, who paid for 6-plus years of college education who are now currently seeking whatever work[[even non-skilled labor) they can find.

3,000 millionaires recieving an unemployment check, while main street gets junk change and the poor gets nothing! This is an upside down society.

littlebuddy Guest

That is 60 people per state, not even one in every Michigan county. Some will make an issue out of anything. How many of the poor are poor because they didn't work hard, get an education, and feel everyone else should pay for their life? Is it more than 60 per state, or not even one per Michigan county. How many Mom and Pop stores would pay the kind of wages and benifits that the big corperations dish out. So many hate the rich, but it is the rich that can afford to pay the high wages and benifits, not Mom and Pop.

Quote Originally Posted by littlebuddy View Post
    How many of the poor are poor because they didn't work hard, get an education, and feel everyone else should pay for their life?
    Very few, except for the education part, which comes from being in an area that can't afford decent school

How many of the poor are poor because they didn't work hard, get an education, and feel everyone else should pay for their life?
    I can't wait until the day you find out ...

lincoln8740 Guest

How many of the poor are poor because they didn't work hard, get an education, and feel everyone else should pay for their life? .
    none-according to Detroitnerd it is and always will be the white man's fault

woops edit to add: I forgot to add America as well
    Last edited by lincoln8740; October-06-10 at 01:35 PM.

... Some will make an issue out of anything....
    Does "Israel" ring a bell?

And if you're going to join the debate... for God's sake try to understand the difference between "the rich".... and "corporations" in your debate.... they are different you know!!