Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Summary of Air Quality Impacts by the Ambassador Bridge

The measures taken by EPA have and will continue to substantially improve air quality.
    This is true of mobile source air toxics [[MSATs) and the criteria pollutants for which
    there are national standards. National air quality trend data assume that vehicle miles
    of travel will continue to grow at current rates. In spite of such travel increases, airpollution emissions will fall. They will more than fall in Detroit where background traffic
    levels are expected to grow less. The SEMCOG forecast of a loss of jobs and
    population through 2015 in the region will result in minimal traffic growth. Further,
    national projections assume the basic vehicle fleet mix will not change. But, it is likely
    that the fleet mix will change to more fuel-efficient and less-polluting vehicles, such as
    hybrids, further improving conditions. At the local level, air quality in Mexicantown near
    the Ambassador Bridge will improve with completion of the Ambassador Gateway
    Project in 2009. International truck traffic will be eliminated from this local area by the
    direct connection of the Ambassador Bridge with I-75.

So, does anyone have any thoughts on this?

What are you fishing for? Walleye or Carp?

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPlanner View Post
    What are you fishing for? Walleye or Carp?

I figured it would be interesting to post. There have been City Council discussions and Coast Guard hearings on the matter. Anytime I post something i either add my own comment or ask people what are their thoughts on something.

I hope that's not a problem for you.