Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Interesting Presidential Quiz

Quick quiz, name the president referred to in these questions. You may use the same answer more than once. The answers, which I will give soon, may surprise you.

A. Franklin Roosevelt, B. John Kennedy, C. Gerald Ford, D. George H.W. Bush, E. Barack Obama, F. Jimmy Carter, G. Bill Clinton, H. Dwight Eisenhower, I. Richard Nixon, J. Ronald Reagan, K. George W. Bush

1. He raised the gas tax by five cents a gallon.
    2. He was the first president to host an openly gay couple overnight in the White House.
    3. During his presidency the national debt rose from $700 billion to $3 trillion.
    4. He supported the Tax Reform Act, which imposed a record-breaking $420 billion in new fees.
    5. The number of federal employees grew by more than 60,000 during his presidency.
    6. The number of federal employees fell by 373,000 during his presidency.
    7. He said "If you're not quite sure a retaliation would hit the people who were responsible for the terror and the crime, and you might be killing innocent people, you swallow your gorge and don't do it."
    8. As a governor, he signed a law that legalized millions of abortions.
    9. He signed a law that granted amnesty to millions of illegal aliens.
    10. He was the first president to have been divorced before being elected president.

And the answers are...?

10. He was the first president to have been divorced before being elected president.
    Ronald Reagan.

Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    Ronald Reagan.
    That's the one I knew, too.

Heh. I think I see this one coming but I'll stay mum. Good one.

On second thought, I think they are all Reagan.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    On second thought, I think they are all Reagan.
    5. The number of federal employees grew by more than 60,000 during his presidency.
    6. The number of federal employees fell by 373,000 during his presidency.

^^^Those two contradict themselves. I think 6 was Clinton.

Not if they happened independently. They could have risen when he first took office, only to fall later. Or vice versa

All except #6[[which is Bill Clinton) are Reagan. He sounds pretty moderate compared to the extremists now under the Republican banner, don't you think?

Where did you find the quiz?