Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Aretha Wants Royalties For Wearing Inaugural Hat

We try to only pass along good stories that aren't already being reported elsewhere--

Aretha Franklin says Mr. Luke Song should be paying her "big time" royalties for wearing the bow hat--which generated big sales for his hat boutique.

http://www.wwj.com/Aretha-Wants-Roya...al-Hat/4324110

Stosh Guest

That's it. I give up.

Using that analogy, people that bought her records should be owed royalties by Ms. Franklin, since they made her famous enough to get to wear that hat in Washington. Unbelieveable.

She's been in the entertainment business forever. If she didn't work out a deal for herself before hand, shame on her, she and her handlers know how these things work.

Let's call the WAAAAAAAHHHHBULANCE for Ms. Franklin... shouldn't us peons know by now that rich people shouldn't have to pay for anything?

I don't care how good she was forty years ago. That's a scumbag attitude. Where's Princess Leia when you need her?!

I don't know which is sadder:
    A once incredibly powerful and soulful voice has been eroded by age.
    A former icon is reduced to begging for royalties.......for a HAT!!!

Considering Song designed and constructed the hat himself, its absolutely ridiculous for Aretha to believe she is entitled to royalties. If Aretha had designed the hat, and Song created it, then maybe she would be getting a cut. What a laughable, sad woman.

I wonder if she would like to pay all of the radio stations royalties for playing her records?

Maybe her son can just burn down the hat shop and try to collect insurance on it.

diver1369 Guest

Aretha has a hole in her soul.

She doesn't deserve any RESPECT after this gaffe.

Give her a gift certificate to a fast food restaurant and send her on her way.

This does not surprise me at all. Another case of a spoiled entertainer trying to milk every last dollar she can. I think it's because her finances are in total disarray.

She spells it DISRESPECT to the gentleman that spent his time making her hat.

I wouldn't be suprised if she's going broke. Her royalty checks can't be that big especially if she didnt write some of the songs. Live shows can only pay so much. She may have to burn down another house for insurance $$.

If she's asking for royalties just for wearing that hat, she should consider royalties for all the food she eats.

Buy American Guest

Just add her name to the list of crazy old ladies of Detroit, along with Monica Conyers, JoAnn Watson, Barbara Rose Collins.....the list goes on and on.

Sludgedaddy Guest

Instead of royalities, Mr. Song should design a new hat for Ureathra. This time he should incorporate an upside-down bucket of KFC. If the work is a success, Mr. Song could direct her to petition the Colnel. Then, of course, The Burger King has a current fascination with certain posterior geometry.Talk to his people.

LodgeDodger Guest

What a greedy pig.

Blarf Guest

She is a large GHOULISH woman. She doesn't even look human.

Why do I fear she is going to make a run for city council?

MIRepublic Guest

Sadly, hearing this doesn't surprise me, at all. She's been known for decades since she became famous for her divaish behavior. She may have been able to get away with it years ago when she could back up her bravado with her raw talent, but she's really in no position to demand any such thing from Mr. Song, right now. This is so ridiculous as to be completely laughable. How her handlers didn't stop her from making this known to the public is beyond pitiful.

Easily one of the greatest talents of our times, but her persoonality has become absolutely intolerable.

Quote Originally Posted by Sludgedaddy View Post
    Instead of royalities, Mr. Song should design a new hat for Ureathra. This time he should incorporate an upside-down bucket of KFC. If the work is a success, Mr. Song could direct her to petition the Colnel. Then, of course, The Burger King has a current fascination with certain posterior geometry.Talk to his people.
    Lmao....upside-down bucket of KFC...I laughed out loud at that one sludgedaddy!

diver1369 Guest

Sdaddy, Check this guy out. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-woe3SCAaA

Martin Luther King's family got the "I Have a Dream" speech copyrighted, so now they get royalties whenever it, or portions of it, are used. I think Aretha has become just as pathetic as the King family with this little maneuver. But, somehow, I'm not surprised or shocked by it. I wonder why that is.

MIRepublic Guest

I'm not sure why you're dragging the King family into this. The situations are comprable, at all, if even the outcomes are both displeasing. Aretha has absolutely no legal ground whatsoever to stand on. The King children [[long know for their greed, save for one) got the speech copyrighted. Why'd you feel the need to group the two?

I should get royalties for wearing all the hats I have with Auto parts companies on them. Ms Franklin and her whineing have grown tiresome.But then again I'd wear that hat for a price, $$$ or BEER.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast