Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Lemonade: Detroit

http://vimeo.com/14930143

I don't know much more about this film, but I can't wait to see it.

Well, I'm late to this small-scale-efforts party, but I'm here now. Should be a good film.

I checked out the team's website here. They have this observation that they see lots of neato [[as in novel but not "novelty") food trucks around that post where they are that day by Twitter and such. They show a Schnitzel & Things truck, or something like that. I could see that working in Detroit. A Good Girls Go To Paris truck that attends functions and chooses locations. That business, for one, could really do a fun job decorating the truck and making it not-ghetto to eat from a food truck. But they do have to communicate their location.

So long as you break even on the truck, it's good advertising for the retail location. But what do I know, maybe they have one.
    Last edited by fryar; October-01-10 at 12:19 PM.

Default Food Trucks in Detroit?

I live in L.A. and the "nouveau" food trucks are very popular. But people who live here have been eating from taco trucks for a couple of decades, so it was easy for us to accept trucks selling crepes, Korean BBQ, etc. As far as I know, Detroit doesn't have that sort of culture.

I think a food truck would be a hard sell in the city. A food truck would have to overcome the "roach coach" reputation. Detroit just doesn't have the density Los Angeles has, so a food truck would have to move a lot to make money. I could go on and on, but I won't.

I would love to see food trucks work out in Detroit, however. Also fruit and vegetable trucks [[like in the old days).