Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Anyone still supporting Peta?

Here's your wake-up call.

I was eating some tasty animals at Gilberts earlier this evening.

Default You're unclear on the concept, Whitehouse...

PETA isn't about preventing animals from being killed. It's about eliminating suffering and cruelty. That's the "ethical treatment" part.

The cruel way agrabusiness treats animals is a crime. Dog fighting is cruelty for entertaining idiots with no empathy or conscience. A cow or chicken which leads a pleasant life and a quick, painless death doesn't suffer and is not considered immoral by ethicists like Peter Singer.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitehouse View Post
    Here's your wake-up call.
    Hardly.

Tim Gunn [[from the fashion industry) eats meat, wears leather, and is a spokesperson for PETA.

I'm sure the rednecks who say "People Eating Tasty Animals" and laughing their beer laughs at their "clever" crap like they do at baseball games when they yell at others are not able to separate the ethical treatment from the eating.

Of course, many PETA members are vegetarians, but not all of them. Ethical treatment comes first, and yes, that includes the MANNER in which you kill the animals, too.

I've always wondered why people get so defensive [[and then react with offensiveness) at the mere mention of PETA, or Vegetarianism, etc. Perhaps Whitehouse can fill us in.

[quote=East Detroit;187615]
    Of course, many PETA members are vegetarians, but not all of them. Ethical treatment comes first, and yes, that includes the MANNER in which you kill the animals, too.quote]
    You mean there is an ethical way of killing.....seems like an oxymoron....just sayin!

Quote Originally Posted by East Detroit View Post
    Hardly.

Tim Gunn [[from the fashion industry) eats meat, wears leather, and is a spokesperson for PETA.

I'm sure the rednecks who say "People Eating Tasty Animals" and laughing their beer laughs at their "clever" crap like they do at baseball games when they yell at others are not able to separate the ethical treatment from the eating.

Of course, many PETA members are vegetarians, but not all of them. Ethical treatment comes first, and yes, that includes the MANNER in which you kill the animals, too.

I've always wondered why people get so defensive [[and then react with offensiveness) at the mere mention of PETA, or Vegetarianism, etc. Perhaps Whitehouse can fill us in.
    Seems like an oxymoron....ethical way to kill....Hmmmmm Just sayin....

Read Kosher law. Just sayin'.

Or about Temple Grandin.

Read Kosher law. Just sayin'.
    Ahhhhhh Kosher Law the Law of the land....yea not, you mean the animals can read? This is America, not Israel....

If you've never heard of ethical killing, that is an example. However, I get the impression you aren't interested in the details of educated opinion. Just sayin'!

If you've never heard of ethical killing, that is an example. However, I get the impression you aren't interested in the details of educated opinion. Just sayin'!
    When am I going to get an educated opinion? Maybe you can get someone who actually has one...... Killing is killing....nothing ethical abou it!!! Regardless of how the animal dies....it still dies!!!

I understand all you want to do is make fun of PETA. In case you genuinely, seriously want some information on humane, ethical livestock slaughter:
    http://www.grandin.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Searay215 View Post
    When am I going to get an educated opinion?
    After you stop talking and start listening?

After you stop talking and start listening?
    Oh I am listing....and I did read what was on this site [[http://www.grandin.com/ ) So you're humane to the animal for the last few seconds of its life. After all is said and done.....DEAD is DEAD!! I am not making fun....just pointing out the obvious.

Most people do not care....just give them a nice juicy steak or hamburger and they are just fine.
    I do not have to agree with your point of view. That is my right, as you are entitled to yours. I respect your point of view.....try to respect mine.

So, Searay, you are a vegetarian?

Default Peta

PETA's bottom line is "No more contact between humans & animals." They have done some good in bringing a lot of cruelty to our attention--cruel conditions in labortories, farming, slaughter houses, & entertainment, & cruel treatment of animals in general, such as dog fighting, hoarding, & harsh training methods. But they're not just wanting to end cruelty. If PETA has their way, we will have no more meat, hunting, circuses, rodeos, zoos, horse back riding, dog, cat, or horse shows, dog sports, [[such as agility) equine sports, 4H animal activities, therapy & assistance animals, & no more breeding of pure bred animals of any kind. They want to eliminate all ownership of animals, with only wild animals, totally separated from humans. No more pets! I'm not making this up--research the writings of Ingrid Newkirk. They don't publicize the truth because they need the support of pet lovers, who don't realize that PETA is trying to stop them from having pets in the future. I want to see animal cruelty ended, but not at the expense of having no animals in my life. If Ms.Newkirk does not want children, that's her business, but don't tell us not to have pets.

Quote Originally Posted by oldredfordette View Post
    So, Searay, you are a vegetarian?
    Nope....I don't care how you kill them...bang um over the head with a bat, shoot them or whatever. As long is it is free of disease, tastes good and cooked to perfection....I am all good with that!!!

I just don't agree with PETA about humane killing....IMHO...there is no such thing as humane killing....Unless you mean Quick....in which case i guess it would be better.
    I also can understand and agree with them fighting poor treatment of any animal while they are living.
    Last edited by Searay215; October-03-10 at 08:42 PM.

If an animal is killed and is not wasted, then I'm OK with it. Examples of what I mean. Used as food, or clothing and not just disposed of is fine by me.

hmmm...

typical right-wing BS - not one valid source there.

Default Wrongo, Searay...

Killing is killing....nothing ethical about it!!! Regardless of how the animal dies....it still dies!!!

We all die. some of us suffer terribly in the process while others don't.

There's a world of difference between being tortured to death by the inquisition
    and dying peacefully in our sleep. There's no excuse for torturing sentient animals.

Quote Originally Posted by mittengal View Post
    PETA's bottom line is "No more contact between humans & animals." They have done some good in bringing a lot of cruelty to our attention--cruel conditions in labortories, farming, slaughter houses, & entertainment, & cruel treatment of animals in general, such as dog fighting, hoarding, & harsh training methods. But they're not just wanting to end cruelty. If PETA has their way, we will have no more meat, hunting, circuses, rodeos, zoos, horse back riding, dog, cat, or horse shows, dog sports, [[such as agility) equine sports, 4H animal activities, therapy & assistance animals, & no more breeding of pure bred animals of any kind. They want to eliminate all ownership of animals, with only wild animals, totally separated from humans. No more pets! I'm not making this up--research the writings of Ingrid Newkirk. They don't publicize the truth because they need the support of pet lovers, who don't realize that PETA is trying to stop them from having pets in the future. I want to see animal cruelty ended, but not at the expense of having no animals in my life. If Ms.Newkirk does not want children, that's her business, but don't tell us not to have pets.
    Great summary of PETA's insidious agenda... well stated. PETA is an extremist organization.

Quote Originally Posted by Gyro View Post
    Killing is killing....nothing ethical about it!!! Regardless of how the animal dies....it still dies!!!

We all die. some of us suffer terribly in the process while others don't.

There's a world of difference between being tortured to death by the inquisition and dying peacefully in our sleep. There's no excuse for torturing sentient animals.
    What the hell are you talking about? I did not say anything about torture?

The same people backing up Peta for being so great and humane and responsible and "nice" killers.... are the same people who would stand outside prisons with LIFE signs the day some mass murderer is scheduled to get the chair or a lethal injection.
    Ironically, the people who oppose the human death penalty are the same people who are pro-Abortion and pro-Peta....

for me, the part I don't like about Peta is :
    #6: 33 million dollar budget, and less than 1% spent to help animals.
    Fat padded salaries for "non profit" executives... while animals are not being helped....

I could really care less about anything else the company does. What matters to me is 1) what a "non profit" actually spends to make a difference.. that means helping animals, not raising "awareness" or bribing Hollywood stars to do expensive commercials for them, 2) money spent on the "cause" versus money taken in. A true "non-profit" that is serious about it's cause will only spend about 10-30% on salaries and expenditures.

For example, that terrible company that the NFL has been promoting, the ":Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation" only contributes 38% of what they take in on breast cancer. If you actually have breast cancer, chances of them helping you are slim to none. There are thousands of testimonials on various websites backing this up.
    http://truthseekerscast.ning.com/for...omment%3A31964
    http://sci.tech-archive.net/Archive/...4-09/1104.html
    http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art2453.asp

PETA could lose nonprofit status
    Animal-rights organization gave money to group on FBI's `terrorist' list
    http://www.spokesmanreview.com/news-...02&ID=s1155092

PETA pay $40 million in salaries
    http://www.meattradenewsdaily.co.uk/...salaries_.aspx
    Last edited by Papasito; October-07-10 at 08:11 AM.

Thanks, fury13!