Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Stosh Guest

Default 'Mismanagement at best, and tax evasion at it's worst' Liens filed against Snyder!

Not a suprise about this.
    Liens filed against 2 Snyder companies

Calif., Mich. records show unpaid taxes; campaign spokesman blames oversight, error

Paul Egan and Mike wilkinson / The Detroit News

Ann Arbor -- Two of gubernatorial candidate Rick Snyder's companies have been hit with liens for unpaid state taxes, one as recently as two months ago.
    Records show the state of California filed a $1,265 tax lien against Avalon Ventures LLC of Ann Arbor on Aug. 2, the day before Snyder won the Republican primary. The company's 2010 annual report lists Snyder, a millionaire Ann Arbor businessman, as the managing member.

http://detroitnews.com/article/20100...yder-companies

Not bad for a nerd who does geeky things. Even though he's ahead in the poles.

something I haven't heard addressed yet-- Snyder, is, by most accounts, a multi-millionaire? a billionaire?
    has he publicly declared that he is willing to defer his salary, if elected?

Stosh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Not bad for a nerd who does geeky things. Even though he's ahead in the poles.
    He's not ahead in the poles. I'm not voting for him. And what's not bad?

You mean polls, Danny.

ferntruth Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Stosh View Post
    He's not ahead in the poles. I'm not voting for him. And what's not bad?

You mean polls, Danny.

You're wrong Stosh. I was talking to three Poles yesterday, and 2 of them said they were voting for Snyder!

Hey now, we can't have someone who can't even manage their business successfully running our state, can we?

Stosh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ferntruth View Post
    You're wrong Stosh. I was talking to three Poles yesterday, and 2 of them said they were voting for Snyder!
    I can't help that you talked to a couple of dupayashes. Maybe seek out some more intelligent poles to speak to?

Not a suprise about this.
    Liens filed against 2 Snyder companies

Calif., Mich. records show unpaid taxes; campaign spokesman blames oversight, error

Paul Egan and Mike wilkinson / The Detroit News

Ann Arbor -- Two of gubernatorial candidate Rick Snyder's companies have been hit with liens for unpaid state taxes, one as recently as two months ago.
    Records show the state of California filed a $1,265 tax lien against Avalon Ventures LLC of Ann Arbor on Aug. 2, the day before Snyder won the Republican primary. The company's 2010 annual report lists Snyder, a millionaire Ann Arbor businessman, as the managing member.

http://detroitnews.com/article/20100...yder-companies
    It's always an oversight, an error, at election time when you're running for office. Until then, it's business as usual, a money saving business maneuver.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyles View Post
    something I haven't heard addressed yet-- Snyder, is, by most accounts, a multi-millionaire? a billionaire?
    has he publicly declared that he is willing to defer his salary, if elected?
    I haven't heard anything.

Don't forget, he's got four other people to beat next month to get the job.

It's not over yet.

DetroitPole Guest

I can't help that you talked to a couple of dupayashes. Maybe seek out some more intelligent poles to speak to?
    This Pole sure isn't voting for Snyder. Neither is my Polish lady as far as I can tell, so you can cancel them out.

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    Hey now, we can't have someone who can't even manage their business successfully running our state, can we?
    That's right! Why bring change when you can continue with the same leadership that took Detroit from being the richest city on the planet to utter ruins! Keep electing politicians the same way they have been elected over the years.

http://www.publicbroadcasting.net/mi...ame.Kilpatrick.

http://www.publicbroadcasting.net/mi...s.Move.Forward

D & R doesn't matter... they are all crooks!
    Just write in Mickey Mouse and you'll do better.

Snyder's companies' liens add up to $14,265.

Did Granholm ever take care of her $19,535 federal tax lien?

http://www.wilx.com/news/headlines/16355076.html

Just askin'

Quote Originally Posted by johnsmith View Post
    Snyder's companies' liens add up to $14,265.

Did Granholm ever take care of her $19,535 federal tax lien?

http://www.wilx.com/news/headlines/16355076.html

Just askin'
    Don't know. Doesn't matter. Thread's not about her.
    Just answerin'

DC48080 Guest

And this from Bernero's running mate:

http://detnews.com/article/20101001/...faults-on-loan

Why did she wait wait until she was questioned about the matter by the media to suddenly pony up the past due payments? Was it just a coincedence that they happened to catch her on the very day that she was planning all along to pay what she owed?

Democrats have financial irregularities too. Two wrongs don't make a right but I wonder what the folks here on DetroitYes will have to say about this.

Bearinabox Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Papasito View Post
    That's right! Why bring change when you can continue with the same leadership that took Detroit from being the richest city on the planet to utter ruins! Keep electing politicians the same way they have been elected over the years.

http://www.publicbroadcasting.net/mi...ame.Kilpatrick.

http://www.publicbroadcasting.net/mi...s.Move.Forward

D & R doesn't matter... they are all crooks!
    Just write in Mickey Mouse and you'll do better.
    Sam Riddle is an elected official?

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    Just answerin'
    Um, that's not an answer to what I asked.

Personally, this doesn't bother me at all, and neither did Granholm's lien. Crap like this gets resolved and life goes on. The IRS said I had an error in my return once. I certainly had no intention of "cheating on my taxes". I fixed it and voila! Once I overpaid, and the IRS informed me of that as well. They cut me a check for the difference and bing bam boom, I blew it on booze and broads and life went on with no "cheating" or crimes commited on either end.

Bernero's sunk anyway.

Um, that's not an answer to what I asked.

Personally, this doesn't bother me at all, and neither did Granholm's lien. Crap like this gets resolved and life goes on. The IRS said I had an error in my return once. I certainly had no intention of "cheating on my taxes". I fixed it and voila! Once I overpaid, and the IRS informed me of that as well. They cut me a check for the difference and bing bam boom, I blew it on booze and broads and life went on with no "cheating" or crimes commited on either end.

Bernero's sunk anyway.
    If it didn't matter, why'd you ask?

Just answerin'
    Right, nothing questionable the left does ever matters here.

If it didn't matter, why'd you ask?
    To remind you hypocrites.

Bearinabox Guest

Right, nothing questionable the left does ever matters here.
    Granholm is "the left?"

Quote Originally Posted by DC48080 View Post
    And this from Bernero's running mate:

http://detnews.com/article/20101001/...faults-on-loan

Why did she wait wait until she was questioned about the matter by the media to suddenly pony up the past due payments? Was it just a coincedence that they happened to catch her on the very day that she was planning all along to pay what she owed?

Democrats have financial irregularities too. Two wrongs don't make a right but I wonder what the folks here on DetroitYes will have to say about this.
    Me, personally? I say we're screwed. We either take it one way or the other, but we're screwed no matter what.

Quote Originally Posted by Crumbled_pavement View Post
    Me, personally? I say we're screwed. We either take it one way or the other, but we're screwed no matter what.
    Right on. We'd have our asses thrown in the clink and/or debtors prison if we did half the s*&t politicians from both sides of the aisle do.

We either take it one way or the other, but we're screwed no matter what.
    We'd have our asses thrown in the clink and/or debtors prison if we did half the s*&t politicians from both sides of the aisle do.
    Sweet! I like the way you guys are thinking now.
    Wouldn't our country be sooo much better if we had a true citizen run government,
    rather than a government run by career politicians, crooks, and the well connected?