Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Default Things you've seen in Detroit that make you go "ewwwww".

Try to keep the answers short. Name something you have seen in Detroit that made you go "ewwwwww!!!"

I'll go first.

Guy riding the bus who was picking his nose and then consuming what he had acquired.

You're new here, aren't you?

Blarf Guest

I would say bums taking dumps on downtown sideways during the day, but that's more funny than gross.

LodgeDodger Guest

Yep, I've tried to ignore that one. Interestingly enough, I've witnessed same in Paris. Only in Paris, the guy who was crapping wasn't a bum.

Go Grumpy, this should be a pretty funny thread.

I got locked up for a traffic violation downtown and while in the tank there was this guy wiping down the very used common toilets with a napkin, then he would wipe the sweat from his brow with the same napkin.

Do I win??

The Incinerator.

I worked near the corner of Warren and Woodward. On woodward there used to be a enclosure with a bench for people waiting for the bus. Well, the bums have no where to go, so they used it as an outhouse. Man that thing stunk! They finally just tore it down and never replaced it.

Monica Conyers and the city council.

Olddetroiter WINS!!

Be honest, who can top THAT?!

Blarf Guest

Monica Conyers taking a dump on a downtown sidewalk.

The Dog Burner at Henry Ford Hospital.

Oh, Lord. Could this possibly become a Hall Of Fame thread?! The horrors!

Suburbanites throwing their trash out the window on I-94.

The Taco Bell on Fort St.

Smelled things, But hey you always see things in Detroit.

---
    caution: these ones are a little dirtier, but i've cleaned them up for the kids
    ---

Well, I was riding my bike down Cass, and happened to look toward Cass park, and saw a guy standing out in the open, MID AFTERNOON, with his pants down, and let's just keep it clean for the kids, and say he was paying for female services you might normally find at Cass and Temple.

--------------------

That was what *I* saw... Now, for someone else: A friend of mine who lives in Capital Park went to her car a few winters ago, and noticed what I will refer to here as a "soiled rubber" on the hood of her vehicle. Afraid to touch it, she batted at it a few times with her snow brush, but it was stuck... VERY stuck... over night, it had frozen to her hood.

So, off she drove to work [[I used to also work with her), the item flapping around in the wind - still stuck. She had incorrectly assumed it would come off while driving, but no.

Upon arriving at work, she saw our boss approaching, so, in a moment of embarrassment, she made her glove take one for the team, and pulled it off... and it splattered all over her. I still remember her running through the workplace screaming in an effort to cleanse herself in the bathroom...

Eight years ago, the McDonalds in Hamtramck on Joseph Campau had dozens of big rat holes in the bushes. The rats were so brazen they would be swarming the dumpster during the day.

Andylinn.....the visual I conjured up in my mind of that whole incident has me still laughing. The fact that she ended up wearing some of it isn't funny, but the rest it hilarious...I can just see the looks she got driving to work, lol.

I almost forgot about the day I was driving down Gratiot on the way to work, and there was a DOT bus driving beside me. A guy opened the window and proceded to vomit down the side of the bus. I made sure I got ahead of that bus real quick.

I remember walking down grand river between Woodward and Griswald on a cold November day and smelling the most vile stale piss smell ever to the senses. I thought I had smelled the worst of alleys, but this was something else. Just imagine what it would had been like if the temperature were warmer. A couple people walking by started coughing and gagging, and it lingered in the air for about a one block radius.

I was walking down Brush from GreekTown to Jacoby's a couple summers ago. Upon walking by the alley between Jacoby's and the parking lot nextdoor, I saw some guy walk into Jacoby alley from some side alley. He put his backpack down next to a telephone pole and disappeared behind a dumpster. As he was placing his backpack, two "ladies of the night," who were very much dressed for the part, followed him behind the dumpster. I can only imagine what was going on behind that dumpster, that mid afternoon.

I was in a party store on Michigan Ave a few years ago when a woman who I assume was both a prostitute and a heroin addict walked in. Her hands were swollen to the point that they looked like boxers mitts and had open sores.

Quote Originally Posted by East Detroit View Post
    Suburbanites throwing their trash out the window on I-94.

I have one better- I was actually driving home on I-94 and a lovely young man hurled a full garbage bag of trash off the overpass and it landed right on my windshield and splattered. It was pretty amazing- first that I did not biff it and second that he was able to thow the bag from the unfenced corner and have it go that far out on the highway.

The grossest thing I have seen was more along the traditional lines of public urination. There is a fellow who used to park his wheelchair right outside of the [[locked) glass side doors of the building where I work. Every morning there would be a huge stain under him, but we always assumed he spilled his drink or something. We assumed this because there would be a stain even after the liquid had dried. I was walking down the hall one day and looked through the glass walls and saw that he was really just going to the bathroom in the same spot each day. Which in itself is not that bad- but the stuff would leak under the door and into a public exhibition gallery. It was pretty nasty.

There are bus stop enclosures that are way dirtier than that one that was at woodward and warren. If you wait for the bus at around warren and southfield in the winter you will see a bus enclosure there that has a floor of frozen piss. Its so disgusting. There is so much piss and trash on the ground that it literally freezes into a yellow sheet during winter and there is all kinds of trash that gets frozen inside of the sheet of ice too... right now the walls are black with who knows what and the smell is the worst of all bus stops I have ever been in.

The Detroit Lions.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast