Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Map of neighborhoods with vacant houses?

A day or two ago, I was looking at a map of Detroit showing neighborhoods by number of vacant houses. I'm not sure if I saw it here or on a news site.

Does anyone else remember seeing this, and can you link me to it?

Quote Originally Posted by skyl4rk View Post
    A day or two ago, I was looking at a map of Detroit showing neighborhoods by number of vacant houses. I'm not sure if I saw it here or on a news site.

Does anyone else remember seeing this, and can you link me to it?
    Why don't you just look for it in your browser's "History"?

Look where there's new construction in the area that is abandoned and prairie. Please tell me why some developer chose to build there, when it's obvious people are trying to leave that area?

Thank you for the reminder to check my History. Man, I look at a lot of crap on the interenet. But I did find the map, here:

http://www.detroitparcelsurvey.org/p...cy_housing.pdf

DetroitPole Guest

What a scary map, to see how few areas are "well-maintained"

This map, while unscientific, should be used as a guide by the Bing administration for their whateverthefuck they're doing. The red areas need to go. The blue areas need to be strengthened. However we're how far into his term and they're still waffling about nothing at these meetings?

Quote Originally Posted by wolverine View Post
    Look where there's new construction in the area that is abandoned and prairie. Please tell me why some developer chose to build there, when it's obvious people are trying to leave that area?
    Isn't it obvious? "The man" is finally following through on his dastardly plan to run all the urban folks out of Detroit!

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPole View Post
    What a scary map, to see how few areas are "well-maintained"

This map, while unscientific, should be used as a guide by the Bing administration for their whateverthefuck they're doing. The red areas need to go. The blue areas need to be strengthened. However we're how far into his term and they're still waffling about nothing at these meetings?
    Yeah, I wonder what method they used - if they actually drove through all of Detroit or something. It seems to be implied by the name of the map [["Driving Detroit"), but really?

Edit: Ah. Okay, apparently so.
    Last edited by fryar; September-29-10 at 10:35 AM. Reason: shot from the hip again.