Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Buy American Guest

Default Detroit doesn't pay dte bill for firehouses..

http://detroitnews.com/article/20100...oit-firehouses

This is absolutely unexcuseable....I have never heard of something like this happening in a large city anywhere in the U.S. before.

This is typical City of Detroit stupidity. The article makes a statement about repossessing engines from the Fire Department....this isn't as far fetched as it sounds when you have inept employees handling the City's business.

MAYOR BING, ARE YOU AWARE OF THIS?
    WAKE UP AND TAKE CARE OF BUSINESS!!

Vox Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Buy American View Post
    http://detroitnews.com/article/20100...oit-firehouses

This is absolutely unexcuseable....I have never heard of something like this happening in a large city anywhere in the U.S. before.

This is typical City of Detroit stupidity. The article makes a statement about repossessing engines from the Fire Department....this isn't as far fetched as it sounds when you have inept employees handling the City's business.

MAYOR BING, ARE YOU AWARE OF THIS?
    WAKE UP AND TAKE CARE OF BUSINESS!!
    Wow. I can't imagine any city that would do that. I suppose that they know the routine pretty well. Summer bill and all, then just wait until the end of summer to pay it.

EastSider Guest

Just f'ing file chapter 9 already!

Buy American Guest

It really pisses me off about this "not having enough money" thing in the CofD. Puke has $800,000 in his kitty for his staff and just can't seem to make ends meet so he has to have fund raisers to get more money to "travel". Godbee just appointed three new assistant chiefs, two positions haven't been filled in a long time and in my opinion, why fill them? The money is there, follow the trail.

Absolutely ridiculous. I swear, Detroit would be better managed if everybody was fired and the city was run by a foreign nation.

i'm sure late fees were tacked on too.

who the heck runs the accounting/receivables for this city anyway?