Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default EEV Morningside Home For Sale

After 13 years my wife and I have decided to sell our home on the east side. Were it not for the need to care for my parents up north we would not even consider moving.
    It's currently listed with Johnstone and Johnstone.
    Here is the direct link: http://bit.ly/av9plk
    The photos on their site just do not do the home justice. I will have more photos I will add to this thread this evening.
    Asking price is 25K. I have put over 20K into the house in the past 5 years.
    The house is at the end of a one block long dead end street with a private park on the opposite side. It is an absolute oasis. Below is a brief history of my ownership and improvements. Please feel free to contact me at krawlspace[[at)comcast.net, or contact my Realtor. Thanks!

Built in 1949.
    Frame house with vinyl siding.
    I am the second owner of the home. I purchased it in October of 1997 from the daughter of the couple that had it built. Her father had passed away and her mother couldn't care for the home anymore so they put it up for sale.
    It's a custom bungalow, with one bedroom down stairs and two up.
    The house is approximately 1100 sq. ft.
    3 bedroom, 1.5 bath.
    Formal dining room. The living room and dining room have plaster cove moldings.
    1.5 car garage with 220 watt 30 amp power.
    Appliances stay with house. All purchased in 2006, all Kenmore.
    House is on a double deep lot.
    Updates are as follows:
    1999 replaced basement windows with glass block.
    2002 remodeled 1st floor full bath: new commode and pedestal sink, custom tiled floor, custom decorative tile on walls and in bath, new Wallside vinyl window in bath, new bath fixtures, new light fixture, switch and GFI outlet.
    2002 new stairwell Wallside vinyl window.
    2002 new Wallside vinyl garden window in kitchen.
    2004 repainted 1st floor bedroom and one 2nd floor bedroom.
    2004 installed new 100 amp breaker panel, DTE replaced drop from pole and replaced meter.
    2006 repainted garage
    2006 added attic storage to garage
    2006 replaced boiler with high efficiency boiler, re-piped copper return and supply lines. [[home is heated by hot water radiant heat).
    2007 rebuilt front porch.
    2007 new roof on house and garage, full tear off, replaced fascia boards, added two ridge vents and four box vents, dimensional shingles on house with 40 year warranty, new chimney flashing and cap.
    2007 new gutters added to house, capped house crocks and diverted downspouts.
    2008 replaced all attic insulation with Pink Panther R-45
    2008 full interior waterproofing of basement, replaced or cleaned existing weepers, braced walls with I-beams, lifetime of home warranty.
    2008 added 1/2 bath with new commode and vanity in basement, walled in room for bath and laundry, added recessed lighting for bath and fluorescent lighting for laundry.
    2008 painted basement walls with 4 coats Dry-Lock.
    2008 painted exterior block with 2 coats Dry-Lock
    2008 new vinyl floor in basement and basement stairs.
    2009 remodeled kitchen with new vinyl flooring, new counter top, installed dishwasher, added range hood, installed ceiling fan, repaired original in-wall oven exhaust fan.
    2009 added full privacy fence with 2 locking gates.
    2010 repainted 70% of interior: living room, dining room, hall, kitchen, basement stairwell, 2nd floor stairwell and hall and 2nd floor master bedroom.
    2010 replaced carpet in living room, dining room, and 2nd floor stairwell.
    2010 replaced every outlet and switch in house.
    2010 added ceiling fans to dining room and 2nd floor master bedroom.
    2010 replaced all remaining light fixtures in house.
    2010 installed 3 new smoke detectors and added 1 carbon monoxide detector.
    2010 all trees professionally trimmed on property
    Last edited by Krawlspace; September-27-10 at 12:32 PM.

As the photos on my Realtor's site really do not do the house justice, I uploaded some to Flickr. Please have a look: http://bit.ly/c8uRtm.

Thanks!

You've made that house and neighborhood look very inviting.

$25,000. what a shame. nice place and well kept krawl

Thanks guys...
    It breaks my heart to leave but my folks need tending to and they live near Gaylord.
    My deepest hope is to sell it to someone who will appreciate the home and all the blood, sweat, and tears I have invested in it over the past 13 years.

I love it would def be interested!