Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Now Cadillac recalling cars....

GM recalling 20K Cadillacs to replace glove box

WASHINGTON – General Motors said Monday it was recalling more than 20,000 Cadillac CTV and CTS-V vehicles to replace a glove compartment box that could lead to leg injuries in a crash.
    GM says the recall involves nearly 5,000 all-wheel drive 2009 Cadillac CTS and CTS-V models, and more than 15,000 vehicles from the 2010 model year.
    And all because someone is not wearing a seatbelt? Over here in the Netherlands it is compulsory to waer one, not in the US? No wonder Ralph Nader is still a pain in the ass sometimes. I know his research saved thousands of lives, and I applaud him for that, but did the government never learn from it?

Buy American Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Whitehouse View Post
    GM recalling 20K Cadillacs to replace glove box

And all because someone is not wearing a seatbelt? Over here in the Netherlands it is compulsory to waer one, not in the US? No wonder Ralph Nader is still a pain in the ass sometimes. I know his research saved thousands of lives, and I applaud him for that, but did the government never learn from it?
    If I'm not mistaken, it is compulsory to wear a seat belt in all of the U.S.

The US Government requires the automakers to certify the performance of their passive restraint systems [[which includes the front air bags and the knee bolsters) using unbelted dummies. Therefore the air bags must be designed to deploy [[explode) faster and harder than they would if the starting assumption is that all passengers are wearing their seat belts. That is also why children should never ride in the front passenger seat.