Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Best values in Detroit real estate?

I'm looking at buying a second house in the city, as an investment [[both a personal investment and an investment in Detroit's future). Prices are insanely low, but of course there is the danger that the house will turn into a money pit -- some $500 houses are, in realistic terms, dramatically overpriced.

So anyway, I'm wondering where you guys think I can get the most bang for my buck. What neighborhoods will quickly increase in value, when [[and if) there's a turnaround? I live in Woodbridge right now, and most houses here are comparatively expensive [[$50,000 or more). I'd love to buy one of these, but I wonder if buying in Woodbridge is foolish with so many [[decent?) houses selling for $20,000 or less.

Thoughts? Anyone else looking at buying in right now?

I suggest SW Detroit. Fairly stable and growing. Look in Hubbard Farms, Mexicantown or nearby Corktown. Check with O'conner Realty.

We are too looking to buy a Forclosed home in Boston Edison.

the closer you can get to downtown the better, Brush Park, Midtown, Corktown, North Corktown... These are all areas where there are little to no forclosures available