Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Rick Snyder in Detroit

Does anyone know if Rick has an office in Detroit? I would be interested in helping him go door to door in Detroit to recruit voters. I didn't see anything on their website but I have sent them an email.

http://www.rickformichigan.com/

Quote Originally Posted by justanotherboy View Post
    Does anyone know if Rick has an office in Detroit? I would be interested in helping him go door to door in Detroit to recruit voters. I didn't see anything on their website but I have sent them an email.

http://www.rickformichigan.com/
    Does he even need any more voters?

Quote Originally Posted by johnsmith View Post
    Does he even need any more voters?
    no kidding. would be nice if we could just hold the vote now and get it over with, I mean he's up by 20 pts. At least that way we can stop having to listen to angry Virg and his increasingly hysterical ads. RICK SNYDER IS GOING TO THROW DOCTORS IN JAIL FOR PERFORMING ABORTIONS!!!!AAAAARGH! HE's GOING TO OUTSOURCE POLICE AND TEACHERS TO INDIA!!! GAAAAAA!

lilpup Guest

Still not sure about Snyder - he gives mixed messages. He says the state needs to focus on its core cities but then turns around and says revenue sharing will reward those cities that implement best practices - that sure as hell isn't going to be the core cities anytime soon. Sounds like 'screw the cities' wrapped in a 'help the cities' campaign promise.

also don't like Snyder's 'take it or leave it' lack of flexibility & cooperation regarding debates and appearances
    Last edited by lilpup; September-24-10 at 04:45 PM.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...&ct=clnk&gl=us

"...Snyder has made repealing the current Michigan Business Tax [[MBT) and replacing it with a six percent across-the-board corporate income tax a centerpiece of his campaign. But even Republican Senate Majority Leader Mike Bishop acknowledges Snyder’s plan will raise taxes on thousands of Michigan small businesses. Just this week the Detroit News reported that Snyder says he is considering a tax rate higher than six percent, meaning an even greater tax increase on Michigan businesses...."

http://www.detnews.com/article/20100...biz-income-tax

Snyder wants to create more jobs in MI. $8.00 /HR, non union jobs. Try living on that folks.

Stosh Guest

Rick lies, Michigan dies.

It's so depressing, he's probably going to win. Michigan=Gateway. Watch the selling off of our natural resources. Fracking, more water drilling, oil wells in the Great Lakes.

DC48080 Guest

Snyder will be a breath of fresh air. Old Jenny on the block sure hasn't done anything but run this state into the ground over the last eight years. Remember folks, Michigan was in a recession long before the rest of the country was.

Stosh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by DC48080 View Post
    Snyder will be a breath of fresh air. Old Jenny on the block sure hasn't done anything but run this state into the ground over the last eight years. Remember folks, Michigan was in a recession long before the rest of the country was.
    Yes we were. Due to the flaming idiocy of the Engler years, the moronic duplicity of outstate Republican dillweeds, and the chronic anti-tax d-bag element in the state, we are now in the piss-pot of the nation. All Jenny could do is flap her lips and do nothing, which was because of the aformentioned idiots.

Snyder will be a breath of fresh air like a whiff of somebody's flatulence.

http://www.crainsdetroit.com/section...Id=personaDest
    "...Calley’s selection also drew criticism from Clean Water Action, which said he has an anti-environmental record that includes votes against regulations sought by environmental groups and support for overriding a controversial coal-fired power plant directive issued by Gov. Jennifer Granholm..."

It is crucial that the opposition to Snyder's policies and corporate cronies are ready to get very very busy.

Quote Originally Posted by Stosh View Post
    Yes we were. Due to the flaming idiocy of the Engler years, the moronic duplicity of outstate Republican dillweeds, and the chronic anti-tax d-bag element in the state, we are now in the piss-pot of the nation. All Jenny could do is flap her lips and do nothing, which was because of the aformentioned idiots.
    Did the lege ever pass the Michigan Jobs and Investment Act in 2005?

You'll be pissed when they do away with your high paying job, and you have to work for your family to survive on $8.00 an hour. the laff is gonna be on you dummies.

DC48080 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dog View Post
    You'll be pissed when they do away with your high paying job, and you have to work for your family to survive on $8.00 an hour. the laff is gonna be on you dummies.
    What in the heck is that supposed to mean?

Stosh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by maxx View Post
    Did the lege ever pass the Michigan Jobs and Investment Act in 2005?
    Structural deficits were created in Engler's watch. This was a drop in the bucket, figuratively.

Stosh Guest

What in the heck is that supposed to mean?
    Right to work state, jettisoning of all state worker contracts, edicts from the Royal Nerd.

DC48080 Guest

Right to work state, jettisoning of all state worker contracts, edicts from the Royal Nerd.
    Right to work is much needed and long overdue.

Stosh Guest

Right to work is much needed and long overdue.

Sure is pal, I can't wait until your wages are reset to reflect the new reality.

You see, while Union wages are higher, they raise the bar for everyone. Even you.

DC48080 Guest

Sure is pal, I can't wait until your wages are reset to reflect the new reality.

You see, while Union wages are higher, they raise the bar for everyone. Even you.
    My "wages" are directly tied to my skills and my ability to produce. What are yours tied to, a contract that says you get paid even if you slack off and produce nothing of value to your employer?

Every man or woman should be compensated based on the value they provide to their employer. Period. Unions are outmoded in today's world. Let those who are fit to do the job do the job. Get rid of the dead weight.
    Last edited by DC48080; September-26-10 at 06:30 PM.

Stosh Guest

My "wages" are directly tied to my skills and my ability to produce. What are yours tied to, a contract that says you get paid even if you slack off and produce nothing of value to your employer?

Every man or woman should be compensated based on the value they provide to their employer. Period. Unions are outmoded in today's world. Let those who are fit to do the job do the job. Get rid of the dead weight.
    Shows exactly how ignorant you are about the laws of supply and demand. You see, what an employer is willing to pay relates little to the value of an individual employee. It relates to the bottom line of his pocketbook. If he can find someone cheaper, your ass is gone. Period. And once wages start dropping across the board, your employer will find that there's a good reason to give you a lower wage scale, or to hire someone else that will work for less.

DC48080 Guest

Shows exactly how ignorant you are about the laws of supply and demand. You see, what an employer is willing to pay relates little to the value of an individual employee. It relates to the bottom line of his pocketbook. If he can find someone cheaper, your ass is gone. Period. And once wages start dropping across the board, your employer will find that there's a good reason to give you a lower wage scale, or to hire someone else that will work for less.
    Your response shows the ignorant entitlement mentality that is so typical. You are only as good as what you can produce and until you can understand that you will never get anywhere.

Nobody owes you anything. Stand on your own two feet and prove that you have some value. Give somebody a reason to want to hire you.

Stosh Guest

Your response shows the ignorant entitlement mentality that is so typical. You are only as good as what you can produce and until you can understand that you will never get anywhere.

Nobody owes you anything. Stand on your own two feet and prove that you have some value. Give somebody a reason to want to hire you.
    What entitlement mentallity DC? I can show you statistics on how RTW drives down wages, but I'm not going to do your homework for you, slacker.

Ha Ha, I lied. Just Like Rick The Nerd Does.

Last edited by Stosh; September-26-10 at 06:58 PM.

What entitlement mentallity DC? I can show you statistics on how RTW drives down wages, but I'm not going to do your homework for you, slacker.

Ha Ha, I lied. Just Like Rick The Nerd Does.

Gee, non-sourced [[and therefore most likely cherry-picked) data and the best you can show is a $2.50 gap on top of a $20/hr AVERAGE wage rate. There must be an awful lot of $32/hr non-union jobs in those RTW states to offset all of those $8/hr jobs you keep warning us about!

Maybe you can find us some statistical analysis that includes a high positive correlation coefficient that would suggest that the higher average wage rate is most likely caused by "closed shop" laws and not some other reason, such as historically higher levels of manufacturing skilled trades jobs in those states as compared to the RTW states.

Stosh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeg View Post
    Gee, non-sourced [[and therefore most likely cherry-picked) data and the best you can show is a $2.50 gap on top of a $20/hr AVERAGE wage rate. There must be an awful lot of $32/hr non-union jobs in those RTW states to offset all of those $8/hr jobs you keep warning us about!

Maybe you can find us some statistical analysis that includes a high positive correlation coefficient that would suggest that the higher average wage rate is most likely caused by "closed shop" laws and not some other reason, such as historically higher levels of manufacturing skilled trades jobs in those states as compared to the RTW states.
    Here's another source, pal:

http://books.google.com/books?id=2Kx...parity&f=false

The Labor Relations Process

By William H. Holley, Kenneth M. Jennings, Roger S. Wolters

Maybe there's another correlation coefficient that would lead you to explain why most RTW states have mortgaged their future by offering insane tax breaks and perks to manufacturers just to locate in their fine states. Remember, these fools supposedly have some great advantage, so why would they have to do this to attract people to their backwater states?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast