Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Laziest thing you've ever done?

I was just joking with a friend about lazy things we've done over the years. Neither of are terminally lazy, but my best offering was coming home from a trip, leaving the suitcase in the living room for a week and going through it to pick clothes. It wasn't until I went through the clean clothes not used on the trip, that I did the wash and put the suitcase away. Not my proudest moment.

Any good stories of doing something extremely lazy?

You mean everyone doesn't do that?

Quote Originally Posted by everglade carl View Post
    I was just joking with a friend about lazy things we've done over the years. Neither of are terminally lazy, but my best offering was coming home from a trip, leaving the suitcase in the living room for a week and going through it to pick clothes. It wasn't until I went through the clean clothes not used on the trip, that I did the wash and put the suitcase away. Not my proudest moment.

Any good stories of doing something extremely lazy?
    lol, that's the "laziest" thing?

I once left my artificial Christmas tree up for an entire year! To be honest I tried putting it away a few weeks after the holidays, but there was no way it was going to fit back into the box in came in. So when Easter rolled around the Christmas decorations were replaced with plastic eggs, Red White and Blue Ribbon for the 4th of July and Halloween decorations in the Fall. The funny part was that it was looking a little ragged by Fall so I took it down and gave it away on Craigslist assuming that I would find a replacement. I looked at a couple, but decided that I had had enough and went without a tree for a couple years after that.

Dusting around photo frames and doing laundry but then living out of the clean hamper while putting the new dirty clothes into the dirty hamper...and I hate it. Why I do it sometimes? I'm lazy and tired. Or is it tired and lazy. Or sick, tired and lazy.

Floating on an airbed in the French river Loise. Equally the most stupid i've done...

I underestimated the power of the sun. And after drifting around for some time I was as red as a freshly boiled lobster.....

Sleeping was a nightmare!

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    lol, that's the "laziest" thing?
    Criticizing someone else's laziness [[or lack of) without posting something I've done that is lazy. Hey wait a minute, not posting something that was lazier is actually pretty lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnny5 View Post
    I once left my artificial Christmas tree up for an entire year! To be honest I tried putting it away a few weeks after the holidays, but there was no way it was going to fit back into the box in came in. So when Easter rolled around the Christmas decorations were replaced with plastic eggs, Red White and Blue Ribbon for the 4th of July and Halloween decorations in the Fall. The funny part was that it was looking a little ragged by Fall so I took it down and gave it away on Craigslist assuming that I would find a replacement. I looked at a couple, but decided that I had had enough and went without a tree for a couple years after that.
    That's not lazy; that's more work than taking it down.

Hanging on the internet all day and avoiding working on things that need doing.

Today's lazy was sitting her in my pajamas til 1:30 and catching up on two weeks worth of internet crap and email.

Quote Originally Posted by gazhekwe View Post
    + 1

...I was gonna think of a time that I was lazy, but then I just got tired from all that thinking and took a nap.

Quote Originally Posted by johnsmith View Post
    Criticizing someone else's laziness [[or lack of) without posting something I've done that is lazy. Hey wait a minute, not posting something that was lazier is actually pretty lazy.
    You're right.

I've done so many lazy thing that it's hard to choose. Even looking at my suitcase after my trip would be an accomplishment for me [[let alone unpacking).

I would say not leaving the house from 7:00 PM Friday until 7:00 AM Monday

Recovering from major surgery [[twice). Could do nothing but lay there and wait to be attended to. Oh joy -- but hey you're recovering so hey there is no 'guilt' in the laziness!
    Last edited by Zacha341; September-24-10 at 06:49 PM.

Oh yes, this is one of my favorites!
    Quote Originally Posted by gazhekwe View Post

lilpup Guest

ditto

recently read a blogger's post about internet sabbaticals and internet-free weekends - I know I wouldn't be able to do it as long as access was available in the house

lilpup, I think you may have an iProblem... I think it's time we do an iNtervention...

lilpup Guest

oy, it's a good thing I don't have any portable iPpliances

Once, I... dunno

Laziest thing? Shit,that's easy....I puked all over myself while my sister was driving [[in a brand new Jeep Liberty) and didn't even bother to have her pull over. Hell, I didn't even bother to find a bag or box. Nope, my lazy drunk ass just sat there and let it flow out. Good thing I didn't choke though...

I was going to join the Procrastinaters Club of America, but I keep putting it off.

I stopped wearing socks.

I once killed a bug on the ceiling, but then it took me a week to finally scrub the guts off.

Took a taxi two city blocks once because we thought it was going to downpour...still very lazy

The luggage one made me laugh. I've definitely been there before.

Looked for the TV remote, and saw that the backscratcher was closer. So I used that to reach the remote.