Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by johnsmith View Post
    Why on earth would you label Obama as a "conservative?" Really?

federal spending - not conservative by a longshot
    growth of federal gov't - also not conservative by a longshot
    bail-outs and "stimulus" - opposite of conservative

Now, I absolutely agree that he is not much different than W Bush [[who was not a conservative), meaning the BS Bush started [[dept of homeland security/TSA, patriot act, wars/empire building, no child left behind) is far far far from ending with this administration. All Bush did was pass the baton and Obama is running full speed with it. Different administration but same puppetmasters?
    JohnSmith, conservative in relation to what conservatives have become. It has nothing to do with the old definition of conservatism. My father, his friends and business associates were conservative - a different era. They would have nothing to do with today's so called 'conservatives'.

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    johnsmith, Regarding these three things you brought up:

Bush wasn't a monetary conservative either. The puppet masters don't seem to care too much about social issues and arrangements as long as such things don't interfere with larger objectives. The distractions are therefore useful. Health care, for instance, is fine as long as corporate America's profit margins increase. Actual care is a secondary issue.
    Agreed.........

I think you hit the nail right on the head there with EVERYTHING our federal government does.
    Agreed.......I've mostly believed that government could be a tool for improvement and advancement. In the hands of these clowns on both sides of the aisle, I'm beginning to think otherwise. Now it seems to be a tool for our polticians and their corporate allies.

Watch closely and pay attention to Obama the next time he gives a speech, talk or addresses the public and press. He belongs in a seminar at Harvard Corporation Business School, not in the White House. His mannerisms are those of a lecturer, and a pretty dull one at that. Not those of a leader. There's very little of an inspirational, forceful or leadership nature in him.

If Obama is constantly compared to Bush, he's always going to be considerd much better, maybe even inspirational. But that's a very poor comparison to make because Bush was such an utter failure and such a criminal.

Quote Originally Posted by 1KielsonDrive View Post
    JohnSmith, conservative in relation to what conservatives have become. It has nothing to do with the old definition of conservatism. My father, his friends and business associates were conservative - a different era. They would have nothing to do with today's so called 'conservatives'.
    I use conservative as the true meaning of the word, not what some have twisted it into being, as a slur of sorts.

Agreed.......I've mostly believed that government could be a tool for improvement and advancement. In the hands of these clowns on both sides of the aisle, I'm beginning to think otherwise. Now it seems to be a tool for our polticians and their corporate allies.
    That's why the two party system/stranglehold, and people who will only vote for one or the other, is a complete and total farce. The liberty candidates were very smart not to run under the Libertarian or Constitution parties, because they would have never won. People are conditioned to automatically think, "Oh, they'll never win. I would be just throwing my vote away!" And that's the way the two-party farce likes it. So the liberty candidates were forced to use the system against itself, and choose one of the "only two parties" to run under. This automatically turns devotees of the "only other party" against them unfortunately, but it needs to be this way, at least for a while, until more people wake up.
    Last edited by johnsmith; November-24-10 at 03:35 PM.

That's why the two party system/stranglehold, and people who will only vote for one or the other, is a complete and total farce. The liberty candidates were very smart not to run under the Libertarian or Constitution parties, because they would have never won. People are conditioned to automatically think, "Oh, they'll never win. I would be just throwing my vote away!" And that's the way the two-party farce likes it. So the liberty candidates were forced to use the system against itself, and choose one of the "only two parties" to run under. This automatically turns devotees of the "only other party" against them unfortunately, but it needs to be this way, at least for a while, until more people wake up.
    Excellent explanation and post. Thanks.

In an interview today, NO!bama made his idiotic assertion again. NO, Mister President, YOU DO NOT understand anyones frustration. YOU are firmly ensconced in the academic/political elite of the world. YOU DO NOT worry about paying utilities, insurance premiums and putting meals on the table. YOU DO NOT worry about your next job, or even if there will be one for you. YOU DO NOT worry if medical care will be available should YOU and YOUR family need it. YOU do not worry about a roof over YOUR kid's heads. YOU DO NOT worry about retirement, YOUR academic/political cronies will take care of that. DO NOT lie and tell us YOU share our frustrations and worries. YOU DON'T!

Quote Originally Posted by ferntruth View Post
    At least the Republicans are openly homophobic - The Democrats are much more subtle [[and insidious) about it.
    Not all right leaning people are homophobic. Just the crazy religous types :-)

Hah! Most politicians [[dem and repub) are far removed and do not live with or under [[at least for a time) the policies, edicts and ideas they set for for the masses. They'll not have to adapt... or fully 'understand' nor do they do what they promote. The "I understand" stuff is mostly rhetoric.
    In an interview today, NO!bama made his idiotic assertion again. NO, Mister President, YOU DO NOT understand anyones frustration. YOU are firmly ensconced in the academic/political elite of the world. YOU DO NOT worry about paying utilities, insurance premiums and putting meals on the table. YOU DO NOT worry about your next job, or even if there will be one for you. YOU DO NOT worry if medical care will be available should YOU and YOUR family need it. YOU do not worry about a roof over YOUR kid's heads. YOU DO NOT worry about retirement, YOUR academic/political cronies will take care of that. DO NOT lie and tell us YOU share our frustrations and worries. YOU DON'T!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3