Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Obama - "I understand your frustration"....

Obama says he "understands our frustration". No you don't! You're not even on the same planet I'm on. I assume you're conveying this to the lower, middle, upper middle and most of the upper class - - you know the 90% of people who are getting screwed in our society. How can you actually spout such nonsense? You've lived in a protected class for most of your life. Prejudice and racism aside, you've enjoyed the benefits of the academic and political class in the US - job security, benefits, retirement, and all of the things that come with the nepotism of the corporate/political class, which includes corporate universities. How dare you!

Now, now Skipper. Make nice.

ferntruth Guest

I just want him to follow through with what promised as a candidate. He pledged to be a "fierce advocate" to the GLBT community. Hell, Lady Gaga has been a better Advocate for us [[as nutty as she can be at times).

DADT - still in effect, DOMA - still the law of the land. Despite Federal court cases finding these laws unconstitutional, his Justice Department continues to defend them.

He needs to stop hiding behind Congress and use his bully pulpit to influence Congress and get these ridiculous laws repealed.

This former Democrat will be sitting home this November. Until things change with the Democrats [[and Obama specifically), I'll be taking a "voting break" since apparently my community's needs and wants are not important to the Democrats. My wallet has already been closed since Spring when I started getting "political panhandling"

At least the Republicans are openly homophobic - The Democrats are much more subtle [[and insidious) about it.

Does "Discuss Detroit" mean nothing anymore?

Bearinabox Guest

Quote Originally Posted by dtowncitylover View Post
    Well, given that Non-Detroit is apparently where threads are moved when they're being encouraged to die...

WRONG THREAD GET THIS CRAP OUTTA HERE!
    thanks=)

In other news, I like my toaster. Too bad it was made in China.

I didn't know Obama was now mayor of Detroit.

Oh. Thought Obama had made a speech referencing Detroit today.

DetroitDad Guest

I thought this was an update about the Obama Station. Now THAT would have been a gas!

The Obama Gas Station is real, and can be found at the intersection of Plymouth Road and Wyoming, in Detroit. A thread about the Obama Gas Station can be found here.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitDad View Post
    I thought this was an update about the Obama Station. Now THAT would have been a gas!

The Obama Gas Station is real, and can be found at the intersection of Plymouth Road and Wyoming, in Detroit. A thread about the Obama Gas Station can be found here.
    The Obama gas station owners have finally realized that they were duped by Pres. B.O. and are changing their name to something less controversial, like "BP"?

DetroitDad Guest

LOL, that station has changed brands so many times. In the past decade it has been a Citgo, Sunoco, and BP, before it was the Obama Station.

Ask not...

Before this is moved, let me post this.

When I think of President Obama, I think of episode 7 in season 4 of The Wire when Tommy Carcetti is a diner with a former mayor named Tony. If anyone is a fan of The Wire you know the scene. The President sad to say has to eat a lot of shit.

In Hamtramck, there is an ice cream truck called "Obama". It has a picture of him, his wife and 2 girls. Obama has us all chasing his truck.

I suspect it is empty inside.

He won't be the first politician to make promises, they can't keep. They all do. That's a prerequisite for the job. Look no further than the liars we have running for governor. " I will create jobs and lower taxes" Yeah ok......

Quote Originally Posted by RickBeall View Post
    Now, now Skipper. Make nice.
    Yeah Rick, that's funny coming from you, an unreconstructed rightie. Regardless, as far left as I lean, this guy's a joke. Not in the manner of our former criminal-in-chief, but in the same manner of cluelessness.

Quote Originally Posted by dtowncitylover View Post
    Sorry about my mistake in posting. I actually thought I'd been censored when I couldn't find my post under non-Detroit. I'd welcome our moderator moving my post to the correct place.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearinabox View Post
    Well, given that Non-Detroit is apparently where threads are moved when they're being encouraged to die...
    Funny........

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitDad View Post

Hilarious. I didn't know. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Russix View Post
    Ask not...
    Yeah, that was my motto from about the time of Kennedy. Sorry, I've reversed field - it's now Do For ME!

Quote Originally Posted by R8RBOB View Post
    Before this is moved, let me post this.

When I think of President Obama, I think of episode 7 in season 4 of The Wire when Tommy Carcetti is a diner with a former mayor named Tony. If anyone is a fan of The Wire you know the scene. The President sad to say has to eat a lot of shit.
    Agreed, our Presdent has to eat a lot of shit. Is that different than any of our previous presidents?

Quote Originally Posted by RickBeall View Post
    In Hamtramck, there is an ice cream truck called "Obama". It has a picture of him, his wife and 2 girls. Obama has us all chasing his truck.

I suspect it is empty inside.
    Rickie, show me a recent President on your side of the line that had a full truck. Not one I remember. Bush not only had an empty truck, he stole the truck. My point is that Obama is not up to the task. He's not a fighter, nor has he proposed or pushed anything resembling, "Change You Can Believe In". He's certainly not a criminal. Can you honestly say the same of Bush Junior?

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    He won't be the first politician to make promises, they can't keep. They all do. That's a prerequisite for the job. Look no further than the liars we have running for governor. " I will create jobs and lower taxes" Yeah ok......
    You are correct. I fell for Obama's BS and I'm angry about it.

Quote Originally Posted by 1KielsonDrive View Post
    You are correct. I fell for Obama's BS and I'm angry about it.
    Why be angry? He was still better than the other guy. That's the best we can do in most major elections.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast