Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Enhanced Driver's License

I was considering getting one of these, so I could once again have dinner on occasion in Windsor. I was wondering if anyone has one & what their experiences have been with using it. Anyone have any comments or stories?

I have one as does the rest of my family as we visit friends all the time in Chatham . Its no different crossing back and forth except you better have the inhanced license or a passport . They'll take your enhanced license and scan it on this side when returning , I was asked for it on the Canadian side , but I don't believe its required to enter Canada , but it is required to get back into the States .

With the new rules, if you are driving back and forth between Canada and the US, you have three choices: passport, passport card or enhanced DL. The enhanced DL is the least expensive up front, but the passport card is the least expensive over the long term.

They all work the same, so far as the customs peeps are concerned.

I have one and have had no problems. Only issues is having to carry it around in the RFID protective sleeve that it comes in. It is a little awkward pulling it out when getting carded at the bar.

I have a passport card and it works without complication.

LodgeDodger Guest

Just get a passport and be done with it. You'll be glad you did.

I have a passport card and there have been no problems with it. I didn't want to have my driver license in a sleeve all the time.