Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 11 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast

Thread: Detroit 1-8-7

Once they give up on promoting the show, you know it's the kiss of death.

they were filming at the detroit public library two nights ago, a friend of mine was cast as an extra

ABC would rather cancel a well written drama like 187 and replace it with another stupid so-called reality show like American Karaoke, or Bachelor. Networks love those shows that cater to the lowest denominator because they are cheap to produce and you can always find some idiot who is desperate for their 15 minutes.

At least I can take some comfort in the fact that Palin's reality show has been scraped for next year despite her claims that it's some sort of liberal bias.

I just signed up for an id on ABC.com and complained about the pre-empts. This show started a bit slow and has improved astromically, so I would like to see it continue.

I remember MASH did the same thing, and look how it turned out.

At least the pre-empt was for a national feed, not some bs local Channel 7 loves everyone kma promo special.

Channel 7 would not cut off programming of Detroit 187 for one of their promos. They have reported and supported Detroit 187 every step of the way.

Quote Originally Posted by rbdetsport View Post
    Channel 7 would not cut off programming of Detroit 187 for one of their promos. They have reported and supported Detroit 187 every step of the way.
    That was a tongue in cheek smack at the "Channel 7 loves everyone kma promos" that have been airing recently.

I missed the last show and went to the shows site to watch it online, but its not there. Anyone know when they add the latest show to the site?

Saw an ad on ABC last night for a new Detroit 187 this week. So the good news is that they are still promoting it!

Quote Originally Posted by cmubryan View Post
    Saw an ad on ABC last night for a new Detroit 187 this week. So the good news is that they are still promoting it!
    They ran at least two commercials for the show during the NBA telecasts on ABC today, so I was encouraged by that.

Is there a new episode this week?

Quote Originally Posted by p1acebo View Post
    Is there a new episode this week?
    Yes, it's a new episode. It continues the storyline of the crooked developer who was murdered and Fitch is seen as a suspect.

Wonder if the cop whole stole the recorder, who was the "mole" for the crooked developer was the culprit...

They were filming an episode recently in a local gallery, not sure which one, they had Jerome Ferretti bring in some of his artwork for the scene.

Michael Imperioli and his film The Hungry Ghosts were given a nice reception at a sold-out screening at the Detroit Film Theatre last evening!! He wrote and directed this film, which was shown only in a few theatres around the country. After the screening, Michael took to the stage for a moderated Q&A session, addressing questions submitted by the audience prior to the movie. Afterwards he signed autographs for just a few minutes [[got one!).

There was some discussion of Detroit 1-8-7 [[some of his colleagues were in attendance, although I did not see any recognizable faces myself) and his perception of Detroit and our reception of the show.

A very thought-provoking film....and an enjoyable time.

There was an announcement to expect more of these type of events at the DFT!!

Michael Imperioli said an interview on the news last night when asked if the show would be re-newed and he said '' I don't know , but we should know between now and May sometime ''

Channel 7 News was visible with their truck parked outside the DFT entrance before the movie.

Michael mentioned that he knows Detroit is watching Detroit 1-8-7...it's the rest of the country that needs to catch up!

'Detroit 1-8-7' star Michael Imperioli shines at movie premiere
    http://m.freep.com/news.jsp?key=825079&rc=ent

'Detroit 1-8-7' star finds Detroiters 'friendly and engaging' http://detnews.com/article/20110131/ENT02/101310374/‘Detroit-1-8-7’-star-finds-Detroiters-‘friendly-and-engaging’#ixzz1CcJKPbrA

Most interesting episode so far in my opinion.

Really top notch. They had better keep this show around.

Was that Kim Adams in the beginning??

Liked the scene in the lockeroom when Fitch asked Washington to talk to his son if anything happened to him. And it was good to get some more background on Fitch's past in NY.

That was indeed Kim Adams . The show keeps getting better in my opinion , and I like the twist where Fitch's past in New York has followed him here

Quote Originally Posted by Motor City Sam View Post
    Liked the scene in the lockeroom when Fitch asked Washington to talk to his son if anything happened to him. And it was good to get some more background on Fitch's past in NY.
    I had noticed that this episode as well as the last one were out of sequence with the one before these two. It was early fall going by the setting. I hope that 1-8-7 will do another season. That if ratings will go up and Snyder doesn't make it hard for the film industry. Storyline is becoming more interesting and attention grabbing. I would be surprise if Fitch have a love affair with the new FBI agent.

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    I had noticed that this episode as well as the last one were out of sequence with the one before these two. It was early fall going by the setting. I hope that 1-8-7 will do another season. That if ratings will go up and Snyder doesn't make it hard for the film industry. Storyline is becoming more interesting and attention grabbing. I would be surprise if Fitch have a love affair with the new FBI agent.
    It may have been filmed in the fall, but Fitch made reference to it being winter...

So, what did you guys think of this episode?

Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 11 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast