Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 16 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast

Thread: Detroit 1-8-7

If there was any doubt I'm sure that 4.7 mentioned in the above article sealed the shows fate.

I think the writing was on the wall when it wasn't given the full allotment of 24 shows.

Quote Originally Posted by tetsua View Post
    Thoroughly enjoyed this show, and the last episode didn't disappoint either. The scene with the baptism playing as Fitch kills Stram reminded me of the ending scene of Godfather II though.

All in all I do think this show is better than the average ABC show, and hope it gets picked up for a second season.
    I don't think that Fitch was the one who had killed Stramer. I think that there was a third person in the cabin who had shot Stram that Fitch knew. Remember a couple of episodes ago when Fitch knew another detective in Canada? He probably had all of his bases coverered and the bullet that is in Stram belong to another gun that had shot him

This is really sad as its as good as canceled. I know how these guys work, if its not above 2.0 in ratings its a goner. too bad , excellent show, right up there with NYPD BLUE.

One of my paintings was on the show!!

Quote Originally Posted by LEOQUEEN View Post
    One of my paintings was on the show!!
    cool! what scene?

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    "Dad, they don't say soda in Detroit. They say pop. Everyone knows that"
    I loved that line! That was too cool!

The show is getting so good - I really hope they renew it. They just can't leave us hangin' here. I've signed the petition a couple months ago and written to the network. Of course, I've not heard anything.

Lets see how this new Dana Delaney show does in the Tuesday 10pm time slot. If it does better numbers we're in trouble. Whatever you do, don't watch it.

Imagine that... You put the season finale of a show on a different night, don't promote it... and the ratings go down.

I still think the show was very good, but should have been a little less character driven. I miss Law & Order... would love to see it resemble that a bit more & care less about who's in Sanchez's pants this week.

" care less about who's in Sanchez's pants this week."

Yep seems like everyone on the show is pairing up except for the Captain and Longford. Guess no one's into oldies or the bald look.

chicago code isn't much better you have the Male lead not only divorced from his wife but having an affair behind his new girlfriends back with his ex wife. what a dumb scenario.

I would not be surprise if the 1st show of the second season have Agent Harkins shooting Stram right at the point where Stram and Fitch had drew their guns. She could had been the ace in the hole. Harkins went to the church looking for Fitch asking questions about his where abouts just to see if they would cover for him. Fitch's partners including the leutenant covering for him is confirmation from Fitch as proof that Harkens and the Detectives would not let the real killer of Stram get out. Would not that be a twist for the first series?

Maybe there are forces inside this city who would pay off ABC to not let this show go another season. They also had probably paid for the low promoting of the show. Too many toes were being stipped on

I'll say it again...at what point in the show did anybody SEE Stram get shot?

Stromberg2

Did anyone notice Fitch mispronounce "Baraga" in the interrogation room on the season finale? I've always believed it's correctly pronounced with the emphasis on the first syllable [[bear-a-ga) but Fitch pronounced it as [[ba-ra-ga) with the emphasis on the second syllable. Someone didn't do their homework. Doesn't change my opinion that D187 is the best TV drama right now. I was hooked on this show from the beginning and will sorely miss it if canceled.

Quote Originally Posted by canamup View Post
    Did anyone notice Fitch mispronounce "Baraga" in the interrogation room on the season finale? I've always believed it's correctly pronounced with the emphasis on the first syllable [[bear-a-ga) but Fitch pronounced it as [[ba-ra-ga) with the emphasis on the second syllable. Someone didn't do their homework. Doesn't change my opinion that D187 is the best TV drama right now. I was hooked on this show from the beginning and will sorely miss it if canceled.
    I don't think you've ever seen Breaking Bad, Dexter or The Good Wife then.

Best drama is hands DOWN "Breaking Bad". I'm still waiting on the season 3 DVD to be released.

The show may be gone but at least one of the stars is still making an impact in Detroit...The Woodward Spine caught up with actress Erin Cummings to talk about her work with Mittens for Detroit....

Actress Erin Cummings continues to keep Detroit warm

Since this thread has been revived, I just read today that Body of Proof is on the bubble and will likely be canceled. This is the show that replaced Detroit 1-8-7 in the line-up midway through last season. That time slot is toxic......

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...bubble/109740/

Touching story. It is good that she is doing something for the community.

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    Indeed! I want to shake her mitten.

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    I was very impressed with the way she and other members of the cast and crew on the show really seemed to become part of the community. Nice to see that she is making a positive impact.

Quote Originally Posted by iheartthed View Post
    Since this thread has been revived, I just read today that Body of Proof is on the bubble and will likely be canceled. This is the show that replaced Detroit 1-8-7 in the line-up midway through last season. That time slot is toxic......

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...bubble/109740/
    187 was the best thing ABC had going for it....I haven't watched a show on that network since the 90s before 187 was on and I haven't watched anything else on channel 7 since they cancelled it.

I want Detroit 187 to cancel now!

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    I want Detroit 187 to cancel now!
    Ummmm, ok!

Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 16 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast