Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Thread: Peggy Agar??

Default Peggy Agar??

I know I'm late posting this but it just hit me that I haven't seen her in awhile on air.
    Has she left WXYZ?Anyone know when&why she left?
    I liked Ms.Agar's reporting and I miss seeing her.
    Thanks.

She been gone since at least January. She was at ABC12, but it looks like she might be gone from there too.

http://abclocal.go.com/wjrt/story?se...cal&id=7511237
    Last edited by leland_palmer; September-19-10 at 02:11 PM.

January? Wow it's been that long huh?
    I'm a little slow to notice who's missing sometimes but it hit me a couple days ago that I hadn't seen her.
    WXYZ is cleaning house lately
    Thanks Leland.

WXYZ is a shell of it's former self. I think high school kids are the weekend crew. Lots of mistakes last night.

Stromberg2

I don't see her listed on the staff
    http://www.wxyz.com/subindex/about_us/staff

Olga Breese has the personality of a mannequin
    Jerry Hodak will be retiring very soon , I wonder if he was given a choice to retire or get fired , and of course channel 7 wanted to put Erik Smith on part time and he walked lol 7 is headed to the bottom of ratings

checkraisej Guest

Peggy is employed at WJRT-ABC12 in Flint but is on maternity leave after recently having twins.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingnatic View Post
    I don't see her listed on the staff
    http://www.wxyz.com/subindex/about_us/staff

Olga Breese has the personality of a mannequin
    Jerry Hodak will be retiring very soon , I wonder if he was given a choice to retire or get fired , and of course channel 7 wanted to put Erik Smith on part time and he walked lol 7 is headed to the bottom of ratings
    Olga Breese....you are so right about her. And REALLY an African American woman by the name of OLGA BREESE???? I remember George Carlin made up this imginary weather man called AL SLEET....must have been where she got the idea for her STAGE NAME.

Yep, I gotta agree. Olga leaves a lot to be desired. I find it hard to believe that a major TV market like the Detroit, SE Michigan area can't recruit better talent than that.

I used to live in Indianapolis and am aware that Sean Ash came to Detroit from that market, and I believe that talent of his caliber is available elsewhere in the country.

Maybe I'm making an assumption, but does the size of the market correlate to the compensation available to a broadcaster? If so, it would seem to me that we would be able to recruit talent from decent size markets so we could avoid the Olgas of the world. Unless, of course, the station is on a severe cost-containment binge. In that case you DO get Olgas or people that would otherwise be reading the Farm Report.

I find it hard to imagine anyone pays enough attention to teevee stations and personalities to know, much less care, about them. I have 7 on at the moment so I can check out week-end sports wrap-up. Probably won't have 7 on again until next week's wrap, if then. In the meantime, I may watch an occasional Stewart, Colbert or 60 minutes. I think the quality level of teevee has been sliding downward for years. I certainly don't rely on them for anything meaningful, like accurate news or even entertainment.

^^agreed, +1

Olga drives me nuts.................she just keeps talking, hardly taking a breath. WAY too wordy for weather. She used to be a Flight Attendant. I think that explains her wooden delivery of the weather. She needs to loosen up or go. When she is done with her weather report, I ask my husband.......WHAT did she actually say about the weather?Hard to pick the forcast out of all that stuff coming out of her mouth. Blah, blah, blah blah.............And imagine what fun a week long goodbye to Jarry Hodak will be?! I would have liked to have said good bye to Eric that way, but Jerry? Not so much.

It's been painful watching Channel 7 lately. The 11 pm newscast is a hot bed of technical errors and screw ups.

Quote Originally Posted by checkraisej View Post
    Peggy is employed at WJRT-ABC12 in Flint but is on maternity leave after recently having twins.
    Thanks Checkraisej for posting.
    Congrats Peggy on the twins!

Quote Originally Posted by stromberg2 View Post
    WXYZ is a shell of it's former self. I think high school kids are the weekend crew. Lots of mistakes last night.
    Stromberg2
    I think the rookies work weekends at all stations. I am in Chicago and it's funny to see anchors looking in the wrong camera or the wrong graphic over their shoulder or even somebody walking in front of the camera. The only one who gets it right consistently is the sports guy and that's cause he uploads a video of highlights and they press play.

They made some changes at ABC7 in Chicago too. Eric Hong from ABC News is now a general assignment report in Chicago. Did anybody notice that he's gone from World News Tonight?

Quote Originally Posted by Novine View Post
    It's been painful watching Channel 7 lately. The 11 pm newscast is a hot bed of technical errors and screw ups.
    Even though they are drama queens sometimes, Channel 4 probably has the best news coverage.