Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Public Pool Hamtramck

Mrs. Lowell and I attended the opening of an outstanding art exhibition at the Public Pool Artspace gallery in Hamtramck last night. Entitled "Erasures" the theme was about just that erasure -- of places, people, memories.

Let's take a look inside.

It was well attended and the balmy night allowed the visitors to spilled out onto Caniff with its new and old bustling businesses.
    "Hamtramck’s Public Pool has asked eight Detroit-area artists to consider the phenomenon of erasure as a process, as a concept, as a reality on the ground in Detroit.

Detroit? Erased? Hard to argue that one. Think Hudson’s building, Tiger Stadium, houses, people. Damn, even our mayor was erased. Slowly but steadily, thoughtfully or thoughtlessly, it’s happening. Something to think about.

So let’s think about it. Together."

Participating artists include: Mira Burack, John Corbin, Andrew Davis, Tim Hailey, Scott Hocking, Kathy Rashid, Gilda Snowden, Graem Whyte .
    It was followed up by an after party at another Hamtramck cool spot - Skipper's Hamtown.

Nice Gold Dollar t-shirt, Skipper...

Thanks. Came from the elusive Mister Neil Yee, himself. I love wearing it but I'm afraid it will wear out and I don't have another. Hmmmmm.....

BTW, thanks for the plug, Lowell. It was great having you and Susan in the room.

It was a great night. Thanks for sharing those photos, Lowell!

I drove by the Pool Room that night. They had an overflow crowd, nearly 3 times what the building could handle. Ah, the sweet troubles of success.

I have one of those GD tee shirts too, bought on one of the last nights at the GD from the world traveling Mr. Yee.