Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Obama - "leveling the playing field for the middle class"?

Ummmmm, how about good paying jobs? How about unemployment compensation until jobs re-appear from the middle of nowhere? How about real foreclosure assistance? How about easing up bankruptcy laws? Ummmmm, how about moving up that Obamacare to 2010 or January 2011, without mandatory penalties? How about making banks that received MY/OUR bailout money, let loose with some of MY/OUR money? C'mon, appointing one person to head a Consumer agency isn't going to rescue us from this Depression, as good as she may be, much less save the Demicans in the next election. I'm waiting for a little bit of "Change I Can Believe In".

I agree on good paying jobs and unemployment assistance. But there is a very slippery slope when it comes to bankruptcy laws and forceclosure assistance [[for those many people, not all, but many wholive way beyond their means and it came crashing down).

How will people learn if they keep getting bailed out for a mess they created themselves. Mind you, healthcare would help a great many people considering how many people that BS bankrupts. But making foreclosure laws and bankruptcies easier isn't going to help the fools who are 151% in debt over their income.

Quote Originally Posted by GOAT View Post
    I agree on good paying jobs and unemployment assistance. But there is a very slippery slope when it comes to bankruptcy laws and forceclosure assistance [[for those many people, not all, but many wholive way beyond their means and it came crashing down).

How will people learn if they keep getting bailed out for a mess they created themselves. Mind you, healthcare would help a great many people considering how many people that BS bankrupts. But making foreclosure laws and bankruptcies easier isn't going to help the fools who are 151% in debt over their income.
    Pure Bee Ess. What about bankers and CEO's bailed out by this and the previous administration? Automobile companies? In aggregate, foreclosures cause as much distress to our economy as any of the aforementioned. Regardless, I've never advocated for bailing out, just giving assistance. The banks refused to help most people in a tough situation. Our bankruptcy laws were manipulated by bankers, credit card companies and big corporations to their advantage during supposed 'reform'. This whole line of Bee Ess about 'personal responsibility' is a cop out for doing nothing or punishing those least responsible. Obama is continuing to do so.