Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Take a look at Historic Rosedale Gardens

Since 1925 Rosedale Gardens was Livonia's first classic suburb northwest from Detroit. Contaning a full line of bungalows, ranches, country prarie style gable colonials retail and many more. Rosedale Gardens is simular to Rosedale Park/Grandmont sub-division in Detroit's Northwest Side.

http://web.me.com/twozniak/Old_Rosed...Photos.html#87

Did any of your families live in Rosedale Gardens? Please share your memories.

My parents live there. They moved there from my boyhood home near Cody only because they wanted to live in Rosedale Park but did not want to have an enormous house. This place is just like Rosedale Park in Detroit but the homes are a lot smaller.

Wow! I see our old parish church in the presentation. My parents were married at St Michael's, and my sister, brother and I were baptized there. Our neighborhood was just west of Rosedale Gardens, on the other side of Farmington [[Orangelawn, between Farmington and Stark). These pictures are great! I'll bet my dad would have known some of the people in these photos. His family left Detroit and built at Stark and Orangelawn in the 1930s. Very interesting seeing this area at its genesis. Thanks for posting!

Default Rosedale Gardens

Rosedale Gardens in Livonia is still a great neighborhood with very nice smaller homes with some of the old charm.

I rented a home on Melrose for a little over a year in the early 1990's. My landlord who lived on that block grew up in the house. Her sister lived two houses down from me in the house where Bill Knapp of Bill Knapp's restaurant chain had once lived. They remembered him baking bread in its kitchen when they were growing up.