Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Let's go to Jon Stewart's "In Your Face, Beck" Rally!

Now this sounds like a party. "The Rally to Restore Sanity."

http://www.cnn.com/2010/SHOWBIZ/TV/0...ies/index.html

"Take it down a notch for America."

I'm in. Anyone wanna carpool?!

Cheers!

I like Colbert's theme better: Keep Fear Alive! It already has a song: All we are saying....

Isn't Stewart also one that needs his sanity checked?

Quote Originally Posted by jerrytimes View Post
    You're a fan of Tucker Carlson aren't you?

I'd love to go!

Why? Because he's an ENTERTAINER.... and you have difficulty differentiating entertainment folks from REAL newscasters?

Apparently so do a lot of Tea Party folks....

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Why? Because he's an ENTERTAINER.... and you have difficulty differentiating entertainment folks from REAL newscasters?
    This is amusing: Now that Walter Cronkite has passed on, who is America's most trusted newscaster?.

Apologies to Mr. Cronkite.

Lots of marches happening lately.

http://www.onenationworkingtogether.org/content/main

Hundreds of thousands of people from all backgrounds, faiths, heritage, identities and hues from across America have put aside their differences and come together as a united voice for jobs, justice and education. Committed to Putting America Back to Work and Pulling America Back Together, One Nation Working Together supporters will march on Washington Saturday, October 2 at noon at the Lincoln Memorial to refocus national priorities on investments in America’s people.

Always something going on here in DC and usually you see the nutjobs from both sides come out of the woodwork. When Beck had his event a few weeks ago I swear it looked as if somone had half the state of Alabama bused up to DC. If the Stewart event happens, I'll be there.

"You may be asking yourself, but am I the right person to go to this rally? The fact that you would even stop to ask yourself that question, as opposed to just jumping up, grabbing the nearest stack of burnable holy books, strapping on a diaper, and pointing your car towards DC — that means I think you just might be right for it." —Jon Stewart

"Shame on you Jon Stewart. America cannot afford a rally to restore sanity in the middle of a recession. Did you even consider how many panic-related jobs that might cost us in the fear-industrial complex?" —Stephen Colbert, announcing the March to Keep Fear Alive

Last night Colbert told the Colbert Nation to come to his march dressed up as one of the many threats he has mentioned in his threatdowns, bears being at the top of the list. He also included muslim zombies, Al Frankensteins, and witches.

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post

Apparently so do a lot of Tea Party folks....
    That's right, he is an entertainer and he does that well. I am not of fan of his because while he's entertaining he puts his political beliefs out there and in some cases leaves facts out of what he is saying. Entertainers should stick to what they do best.

That's right, he is an entertainer and he does that well. I am not of fan of his because while he's entertaining he puts his political beliefs out there and in some cases leaves facts out of what he is saying. Entertainers should stick to what they do best.
    Hmmm...What's worse? An entertainer masquerading as a newscaster on a network called COMEDY Central who leaves out facts or a JOURNALIST on a news network who leaves out facts?

And still, I trust Jon Stewart more than Glen Beck.

Quote Originally Posted by mam2009 View Post
    Hmmm...What's worse? An entertainer masquerading as a newscaster on a network called COMEDY Central who leaves out facts or a JOURNALIST on a news network who leaves out facts?
    Yet all you hear are crickets from the ditto-head nation...

What is the difference between FoxNews comedians like Beck, Hannity and Sara "I'm streatching my 15 minutes of fame into 15 months" Palin, and Comedy Central's list of clowns?

Quote Originally Posted by Whitehouse View Post
    And still, I trust Jon Stewart more than Glen Beck.
    That's because Glenn Beck is an entertainer too. He started out as a Rock and Roll DJ. As far as I can tell he never studied journalism or history. He's as much an entertainer as Stewart or Colbert, but takes himself seriously, which is really a pity.

OMGWFTBBQ!!!111!11!!
    THE TWO CONSTELLATIONS COLLIDE!!!

[[The clips are hi-la-ri-ous!!)

Watching right now in HD from the Netherlands!!

Live stream from Comedy Central.

Noon: First up Roots featuring John Legend.\
    One of the songs is an impressive rendering of Bill Wither's anti-Vietnam anthem "I can't write left-handed". Awesome stuff going on!

Adam and Jamie!! Mythbusters time!!
    Sound and wave experiments and JUMP!

1PM: Jon Stewart enters the stage!
    10 minutes later Steven comes out of hiding from his Fear cave.

Father Guido Sarducci.
    Sam Waterston, performing a "fear poem."
    Cat Stevens a.k.a. Yusuf Islam performing peace train. [[interupted by Steven.)
    All aboard! Ozzy with the crazy train! [[interupted by Jon!)

No peace train, no crazy train... Love train by the O-Jays'

Award ceremony for Detroit's Armando Galarraga! [[for acting sane and civil to the unpire who denied him the perfect game.)

Jeff Tweedy and Mavis Staples.

Jon and Steven singing[[??)
    More Detroit on stage. Kid Rock, performing with Sheryl Crow [[still looking stunning at 48.)
    Rapper TI performing with green screen.\

Closing acts and Jon Stewart giving his motivation for the rally.

All acts on stage performing Staples' singers I'll take you there. [[Broadcast for me was cut off by an Axe commercial...)
    Last edited by Whitehouse; October-30-10 at 02:08 PM.

Rally today to send message to politicians in Ferndale.
    ... to give a message to politicians: "Quit acting so immature."
    LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Whitehouse View Post
    Watching right now in HD from the Netherlands!!

Live stream from Comedy Cetral.

Noon: First up Roots featuring John Legend.\
    One of the songs is an impressive rendering of Bill Wither's anti-Vietnam anthem "I can't write left-handed". Awesome stuff going on!

Adam and Jamie!! Mythbusters time!!
    Sound and wave experiments and JUMP!

1PM: Jon Stewart enters the stage!
    10 minutes later Steven comes out of hiding from his Fear cave.
    Father Guido Sarducci is giving the blessing

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    Father Guido Sarducci is giving the blessing
    I guess Cardinal Fungii was not available.... at 111... he doesn't get out much!

It was like a 60's peace rally. Jon Stewart's monologue at the end made so much sense; it's too bad that most politicians don't make that much sense.

#1 child called me from Ann Arbor yesterday 45 minutes before she & a friend were headed to DC. Her youngest bro and I watched the live stream and I kept saying "There she is!" and pointing to the screen whenever the crowd was on camera.

He did not think I was very funny but I do crack myself up.

I just read that the Stewart/Colbert rally drew about as many attendees as Glen Beck did...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast