Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Quicken Welcome Signs Pics

On Wednesday Morning I attended a breakfast seminar for local media at Compuware presented by their Chief Technology Officer Paul Czarnik. Beyond getting some very interesting analysis of website performance I got to meet up with former Detroit Free Press reporter and friend Bill McGraw [of Detroit Almanac fame] who now works for Compuware and to so see some of the stunning vistas from within and without the facility. Striking was the appearance of the Quicken move in and whose employees are already at work on the floors shown here in this grainy cell phone snap. Coming Summer 2010 is now came.

Outside the Quicken welcome is more striking. Where Barry Sanders and Steve Yzerman once presided over Campus Martius from the side of the Cadillac Square Building, Quicken geeksters wave to bystanders.

Vicente's Cuban Restaurant makes its welcome clear. The influx is certain to bring a an uptick to nearby businesses.

Setup for a noontime event on Campus Martius spreads the welcome.

Welcome Quicken Loans!

MrSam Guest

Good pictures and its a good thing that quicken is showing that their proud to be in Detroit.

That's great! Detroit can use all the good news it can get.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    ... Beyond getting some very interesting analysis of website performance....
    I'd appreciate a bit more information on that.

The good thing is that if they are not fully moved in by now, they still have a few more days until the first day of fall -- so it's still summer 2010.

Lowell... I've been corrected by others on both of these myself....

As we all know there is only ONE "L" in "Ilitch".... and there is only ONE "N" in "Vicente's".

Thanks Gistok. All corrections appreciated.

...and my favorite refuge.

"It's a mighty poor mind that can spell a word only one way."
    Andrew Jackson

Although I wish I could have been as big as Barry Sanders, I'm happy to say I'm the guy in the orange shirt looking up. It's pretty damn cool to see myself on a building I've walked past a thousand times since my days as a Cass Technician. Hope it stays up for a while and love being downtown!

That's cool. How did you get in the pic?

Sooo... your job at Quicken is to hang out with three attractive women? Are there job openings for those positions?

EastSider Guest

Why you looking up? You should be scoping out the rack next to you.

Caption competition:
    "Settle down, will you??!"

Quote Originally Posted by EastSider View Post
    Why you looking up? You should be scoping out the rack next to you.
    it looks like he's looking up the shirt of the one above him. that's why the one behind him is giving him a dirty look...

I work downtown, and between Quicken and Blue Cross downtown seems much more alive lately. I think a few restaurants are opening up now too.

The only bad thing is 75 seems more congested now.

DetroitDad Guest

Yes, WELCOME TO YOUR NEW HOMETOWN QUICKEN LOANS!!!

If Detroit Mom and I are ever looking to get an online mortgage, we will think of you. We certainly love reading the Quicken Loans Blog. I look forward to reading [[blog or newspaper, or maybe here) what you guys think about working off Detroit's Campus Martius Park. I hope you all have fun getting out and exploring Downtown.

If you will notice, someone has updated the Quicken Loans Wikipedia page.

how is quicken making any money these days? the mortgage market, particularly in this area is DEAD, people are either unemployed or under water on their home values..... i used to know people making money in the mortgage business, that was like 5 years ago, most have moved on to other jobs or are unemployed or underwater on their home value.....

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    ... some very interesting analysis of website performance ...
    Please do tell. Any print [[online) of his presentation or the event?

Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post
    how is quicken making any money these days? the mortgage market, particularly in this area is DEAD, people are either unemployed or under water on their home values..... i used to know people making money in the mortgage business, that was like 5 years ago, most have moved on to other jobs or are unemployed or underwater on their home value.....
    I am not in the mortgage industry, but my sense is that certain mortgage companies are profiting from a few factors.

First, with interest rates at historically low levels, many people who have been in their homes for a long time are refinancing to lower their payments. Many of these loans are probably prime or close to prime loans [[especially since these people often have a lot of equity in their homes), so this fits within Quicken's model.

Second, short sales and foreclosures generate business for mortgage companies because whoever buys the house needs a mortgage. Since subprime borrowing is virtually dead for now, the only people who will generally qualify are prime or near prime borrowers. This, too, fits within the Quicken model.

The only bad thing is the significant increase in time waiting for the elevator.

Quicken should adopt a detroit public school and teach a curriculum focused on business management & finance..

I will be starting at Quicken in October, I am very excited. The staff that interviewed me were great and the facilities look amazing. Working downtown is something I have always wanted to do.