Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Thread: city for sale

Default city for sale

saw the wayne county tax auction kist,,,, Looks like everything is up for grabs. Say lik e 6 and woodward area...... WOW, Alas Im too late to register

http://www.bid4assets.com/info/sfid5...df?auctionid=0

Don't worry. All the properties are never sold at the auction, so there will be plenty left for any takers.

Stosh Guest

The trick in this all is to determine where the city is shrinking into, and purchase there. Anybody with an inside track to this info will be cleaning up.

LOL Maybe but then again someone buying a mile from downtown could be living in the New Suburbs....

bartock Guest

So Maroun will buy a few hundred more properties [[via a dozen a/k/a's and businesses) with no discernable connection to each other, pay taxes with an hour's worth of interest he's earning on his billions, and do nothing with the properties. Land bank, please!

Quote Originally Posted by bartock View Post
    So Maroun will buy a few hundred more properties [[via a dozen a/k/a's and businesses) with no discernable connection to each other, pay taxes with an hour's worth of interest he's earning on his billions, and do nothing with the properties. Land bank, please!
    land banks are racist tools of white suburbanites.

looked like you could own almost the whole north east corner of 6 and woodward....want a park view with room to grow??? Start the city of YOU. I cant decide between "nathanville" or "natetown":

There was a house on E Kirby that interested me tho.....

Only a matter of time...

Wealth and population and investment will concentrate at the center of the metro region, Greater Downtown.

It is already hapening. Many in the burbs wont realize it until the process of gentrification is complete.

But it won't take long for people to realize that the good life can be found in central Detroit. I still am amazed I live in a large historic apartment in a good neighborhood for dirt cheap. I walk to the grocery store, bike to work and know so many of my neighbors that I don't really ever need to leave. I know it won't last long though. Urban life is highly desired but the secret about Detroit is still not out.

Watch midtown change before your eyes over the next decade. Just think the north loop on Chicago. It wasnt much more than empty lots fifteen years ago and now its booming with condo construction.

If you own a house or property in the central city please hold on to it. This is the growth area. Those 100 dollar houses at 7 Mile and Mound are 100 dollars for a reason... its a shrinking area, and like most of the metro it doesnt hold much future. But Midtown and adjacent hoods do. Buy now if ever, before the speculators come in. We already saw what happened on Temple Street with speculation.

who owns that odd Castle-looking building downtown? Can something finally be done with it?