Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Be prepared for a stormy afternoon ahead...

http://forecast.weather.gov/wwamap/w...rstorm%20watch

SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH OUTLINE UPDATE FOR WS 668
    NWS STORM PREDICTION CENTER NORMAN OK
    ISSUED BY 15TH OWS SCOTT AIR FORCE BASE IL
    210 PM EDT THU SEP 16 2010
    SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH 668 IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 700 PM EDT
    FOR THE FOLLOWING LOCATIONS
    MIC091-093-099-115-125-161-163-162300-/O.NEW.KWNS.SV.A.0668.100916T1810Z-100916T2300Z/

MI. MICHIGAN COUNTIES INCLUDED ARE

LENAWEE LIVINGSTON MACOMB
    MONROE OAKLAND WASHTENAW
    WAYNE
    $$
    Is your county in there? Wayne County is where I am. Watching it on WJBK and TWC.
    Last edited by mtburb; September-16-10 at 01:26 PM.

I wonder how this will affect the street paving project going on around here? Right now it is drizzling and kind of dark. The little brush truck is going by for at least the fourth time.

LodgeDodger Guest

We've just had a couple of wonderful storms blow through. I love this weather.

OK,here it comes, 10 and Southfield. No sign of the paving crew.

The rain has just arrived. I am still in a severe thunderstorm area, so are you two.

Update from me; since I have no lights on in the house it's starting to darken inside and thunder has been heard as well.

OK, the hail is here. I can here it pelting.

Boaters in the Detroit River, watch out!

SPECIAL MARINE WARNING
    LCZ423-162030-
    /O.NEW.KDTX.MA.W.0071.100916T1931Z-100916T2030Z/

BULLETIN - IMMEDIATE BROADCAST REQUESTED
    SPECIAL MARINE WARNING
    NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DETROIT/PONTIAC MI
    331 PM EDT THU SEP 16 2010

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN DETROIT/PONTIAC HAS ISSUED A

* SPECIAL MARINE WARNING FOR...
    DETROIT RIVER...

* UNTIL 430 PM EDT

* AT 327 PM EDT...DOPPLER RADAR INDICATED A LINE OF THUNDERSTORMS...
    CAPABLE OF PRODUCING STRONG WINDS 34 KNOTS OR GREATER AND SMALL
    HAIL FROM 9 NM WEST OF WYANDOTTE TO 11 NM WEST OF LAKE ERIE
    METROPARK HARBOR...MOVING EAST AT 25 KNOTS.

* THESE STRONG THUNDERSTORMS WILL BE NEAR...
    WYANDOTTE AROUND 350 PM EDT.
    THE AMBASSADOR BRIDGE AND ELIZABETH PARK MARINA AROUND 355 PM EDT.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

MARINERS CAN EXPECT STRONG WINDS 34 KNOTS OR GREATER...SMALL HAIL...
    HIGH WAVES...DANGEROUS LIGHTNING...AND HEAVY RAINS. BOATERS SHOULD
    SEEK SAFE HARBOR IMMEDIATELY...UNTIL THESE STORMS PASS.

REPORT SEVERE WEATHER TO THE COAST GUARD OR NEAREST LAW ENFORCEMENT
    AGENCY AND ASK THEM TO RELAY YOUR REPORT TO THE NATIONAL WEATHER
    SERVICE OFFICE.

&&

LAT...LON 4209 8323 4230 8312 4233 8308 4233 8302
    4229 8308 4224 8312 4218 8313 4212 8311
    4206 8314 4205 8321
    TIME...MOT...LOC 1931Z 268DEG 24KT 4223 8331 4216 8333
    4209 8342
    WIND...HAIL >34KTS <.75IN

$$

MR

It's just a large area a heavy showers and thurderstorm effecting the enitre Southeastern Michigan area. It will pass after 5:00pm. God has control over the weather.

Heavy rain has passed through and the sky is lightening up. We had no wind, so no trees or lines down. Thunder and lightning wasn't too bad, though Ginger dog has taken to her bomb shelter under my desk.

If the paving crew goes through now, hubby will be in trouble as they say they will close the roads for at least four hours.

Well, the heavy rain has passed through my area, so the sky is lighting up now. I briefly had wind, but I can't see anything down. The thunder and lightning show was a good one! No rainbow yet. They are still forecasting a thunderstorm now though.

It was raining hard here in Ypsilanti just an hour ago. Now the sun is out. The sky was clear when I walked to the my classes at Eastern Michigan University's College of Business this morning. None of the classrooms of my classes have windows, so I was surprised when I saw it was raining so hard. I got out my umbrella and walked outside to the EMU shuttle bus stop. It was funny seeing 40 or so students packed together under the small bus shelter. When I got off the bus 15 minutes later, it wasn't raining anymore.

I heard on the radio that lightning struck Lawrence Tech in Southfield [[they were doing the traffic report at the same time). In fact, it was so loud that you could hear it while they were talking, the thunder was like an explosion.

On my side of town we initially had a heavy downpour then after about a half hour break the real storm came through.

There wasn't anything severe though [[Cleveland, Toledo and Columbus are getting that). I wasn't expecting much out of this here because there wasn't any sun other than the few peeks around midday. It was stormy earlier today also, I'm not sure if anyone heard the storms around/before the morning rush hour? They cancelled the watch right after issuing it, since the threat was conditional.

Oh well, we definitely needed the rain.

Wow, I live only a mile from Lawrence Tech.and I missed all the excitement! We had a little bit of thunder [[I thought).

Lightening struck a palatial home near Square Lake and Woodward in Bloomfield Hills and started a fire as reported on Channel 4 news. Looked pretty bad, good thing no one was home.

The storm was passed after 5:00pm. and sun and clouds came in. I was right!

WORD FROM THE STREET PROPHET

Because I know all abour Michigan weather while growing up.

Neda, You will be remembered.