Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default What would happen in Detroit if Kilpatrick was acquitted?

If things were different back in March '08:

Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatric and former Chief of Staff Christine Beatty, have been charged with 15 felonines, including perjury, misconduct in office and obstruction of justice.
    Then later...

Wait, scores are flying out of the courthouse!
    Kwame's attorney: Of the lack of evidence against my client, the district attorney's office has seen fit to drop all charges...
    ...Metro Detroit will burn tonight!

How is this helpful?

He would run for mayor and be elected of course.

What would happen if there were no 1967 riots?
    Come on, you can't go back.

Playing the "What if" game can be interesting on occasion, given a good topic. "What if" Booth decided to call off his plot in 1865? "What if" Cadillac had landed at Windmill Point instead of the foot of Woodward? "What if" that blind pig raid at 12th and Clairmont in 1967 didn't take place because one of the crew called in sick?

But I can't see a "What if" on Kwame having any other outcome than what it did -- so far -- because of his own stupidity. So I ain't playing that game on that topic.

Wait till this thing is over with Bobby Ferguson with this federal investigation. I have a feeling that he going to behind bars a lot longer than he thinks.

I agree with Ray1936, there really was no other way for this to play out.

KK was as guilty as a cat in a goldfish bowl, and someone was going to take him down over it one way or another.

That having been said, speaking hypothetically, IF he was acquitted, I honestly don't see anything happening [[i.e. rioting & protests).

People will be further discouraged that the system is fundamentally broken and faith in government would be eroded further.

Kwame would be prancing around town like the cock of the walk, looking for bigger scams for he and his family to pull off.

Fortunately, this never happened. And he and his family are looking at nice long stays in prison.

bartock Guest

I'd hope that the reaction would be similar to the reaction to Blago in Illinois. He's a joke, and seen for what he is. I hope/think that people around here would get that. Methinks the only difference would be a little more "in your face" to the media from the KK clan, and that is just a matter of sheer numbers + local media.

Yes, I'm aware that Blago has not been acquitted and will be retried. He's acting like he's acquitted, though, and the best Kwame could hope for, in my opinion, would be a similar single-holdout hung jury situation.

This has to be one of the dumbest threads ever.

Next . . . !

Quote Originally Posted by MaxDetroit View Post
    This has to be one of the dumbest threads ever.

Next . . . !

Is that the most you can add for every thread that doesn't interest you ?

Same beat, same drum, different drummer [[or drummers).

What's happening to Metro Detroit now was already occurring under Kilpatrick or was bound to occur eventually.

Perhaps, PERHAPS the only difference is we wouldn't be discussing the fundamental shrinking of our border.

Oh no, it must be that them crazy dark folks are going to run amok again...

...run for Livingston County!