Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default If I were a republican I would

If I were a Republican I would start working collectively with the Democrats to fix this country before they are replaced by the tea-party... your turn.

Quote Originally Posted by gibran View Post
    If I were a Republican I would start working collectively with the Democrats to fix this country before they are replaced by the tea-party... your turn.
    As if the republicans and democrats aren't already working together?!?

"If I were a Republican...."

• I'd let voters know about my conservative record on legislative issues. For example, US Rep. Mike Castle of Delaware voted against both the stimulus and health care reform bills and he supports extending the Bush tax cuts and he is a co-sponsor of a bill to repeal health care reform. However, his US Senate primary campaign did not emphasize any of his conservative record and he lost to an inferior candidate, which brings me to a few more things I would recommend:
    • I'd seize and embrace the populist mood that is sweeping the nation - despite the fact that the GOP leadership is uncomfortable with it.
    • I'd treat any primary opponent backed by the "tea party" with respect instead of ignoring the serious challenge they represent.
    • I'd skip the personal attacks and focus on the issues. The voters are tired of "politics as usual".

I'd skip the personal attacks and focus on the issues. The voters are tired of "politics as usual".

I call living on your political donations and lying through your teeth the worst of politics as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by maxx View Post
    I'd skip the personal attacks and focus on the issues. The voters are tired of "politics as usual".

I call living on your political donations and lying through your teeth the worst of politics as usual.
    Exhibit "A"?

If I were a Republican, I'd ditch the radical, fringe-right rhetoric and move the party back to the center, which is where the majority of American's consider themselves to be.

I'd ditch the religious zealot angle so my party is accessible to folks who agree on fiscal responsibility, but can't get behind basing our country on a Pat Robertson world view.

This applies to both parties:

1. Eliminate the extremists in your party
    2. Move towards a more centrist stance so something can be accomplished
    3. Re-inforce the fact that elected officials work for the people and actually work with that in mind
    4. Understand the issues of the constituency by spending time with your constituents
    5. Eliminate the power of special interests
    6. Focus on domestic policy and quit trying to save the world at the expense of the citizens of the US
    7. Denounce the extremist talking heads whether they represent political or religious ideaology.
    8. Quit trying to win elections on single ticket items [[abortion, gun rights, etc) - Granted this is more for the voting populace to do.

Kill myself.

if only they would follow the above [[most) directions we would have a chance.

I would recognize that fiscal responsibility and fiscal conservatism don't mean tax cuts for the wealthy - it means paying the way instead of going into debt to buy the wealthiest Americans new BMWs EVERY YEAR. I would recognize that the conservative thing to do is take the long view - structuring cap gains tax to favor long-term investing over the get-rich-quick schemes that essentially turned Wall Street into a higher-stakes version of The Strip. I would recognize that 10 people making 50K a year is better for the country than one making 500K, and that 100 people making 50K is FAR better than one person making 5,000,000.

tvaspen beat me to the punchline

Cheers!

Bearinabox Guest

I would blame everything wrong with the country on black people, Mexicans, and the liberal media, thus giving myself a free pass to endless re-election without having to actually accomplish anything. Then I would cut taxes for rich people and call it a day.

If I were a Republican, I would begin observing the Constitution.

living on your political donations and lying through your teeth the worst of politics as usual.
    that pretty much describes every single elected official

I AM a republican.

If I were a Republican, I would cheat and lie and steal beyond all reason while accusing my opponents of committing my own offenses as if that lie could conceivably have any effect on public opinion.

I would also try very hard to maintain a straight face while blaming the "liberal media" for any giggles that might escape my lips while doing so.
    Last edited by Jimaz; September-15-10 at 11:21 PM.

I would buy more stock in prisons and the contractors that build them and egg on the drug war.

Have a drink and a smoke while listening to Rush [[the dude).

But Im not a republican so Im going to have a drink and some smoke and listen to Rush [[the band)
    Last edited by Django; September-15-10 at 11:53 PM.

Now how about a "If I were a democrat I would" thread? I mean what is the point in trying to show people's differences and stoke the fires of partisan politics? As it stands the USA is as divided nationally as it was just before the civil war.

IMO, both idiot partys are almost one in the same except one pretends to be for the little guy and the other one pretends to know what they are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by tvaspen View Post
    Kill myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    tvaspen beat me to the punchline

Cheers!
    You two would kill yourselves instead of simply switching parties?

It would be better for mankind to just off yourself. If you were Republican.

gdogslim Guest

"If I were a republican I would
    If I were a Republican I would start working collectively with the Democrats to fix this country before they are replaced by the tea-party... your turn. "

I got a good laugh from that line. thanks.
    The problems we are in today is BECAUSE Republicans were voting with the democrats.
    "Fix this country" is a meaningless buzzword.
    Your voting for the gradual loss of your freedom when you vote democrat.

Quote Originally Posted by oldredfordette View Post
    Liberals are so compassionate.

lincoln8740 Guest

I would be laughing every time a new poll came out that shows a bloodbath for the Dems in November

November can't get here quick enough

Quote Originally Posted by oldredfordette View Post

Well the same could be said for blind and pathetic union supporters regardless of the outcome of following stupidity blindly. Hey, but wearing buttons and shooting the finger to the White House gets you a free pass.

I'll echo Johnsmith's sentiments but go one further...you first.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast