Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default How are you getting ready for Halloween?

Hey, Detroit.

Didn't see an entertainment section, but how are you getting ready for Halloween? I love kicking it off with indie horror thrillers [[Chain Letter is being released in Detroit Oct. 1st and I'm going down to the Burton theater to see it opening night) to build up to an all-night horror flick marathon at my house [[Hitchcock, anyone?). How about you guys?

-Mark

but how are you getting ready for Halloween
    I'm not. It's Sept. 14th. About a month from now, I might get a pumpkin.

oh, i happened to run into the dollar tree today....loads of halloween decorations, candy, tableware. but then i think i have so much of that stuff at home. but for a buck, i picked up a few things. great place to buy on the cheap if your having a party.

October 1 I take in my summer porch stuff and put out the Halloween stuff, door wreaths, black cat for the porch and two giant pumpkins for the yard lights. Here's grinning at ya!

I always dread Halloween. It means that Thanksgiving is right behind, and that means I have to drag out all the wife's Christmas stuff and start decorating the house. It's a four day job. She's nuts, but if it makes her happy, I'll still go along with it. Sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    I She's nuts,.
    this kinda made me chuckle. we're all nuts

I'm not getting ready either. But I am getting ready for St Patrick's Day. Just picked up some Jamesons.

Quote Originally Posted by Downriviera View Post
    I'm not getting ready either. But I am getting ready for St Patrick's Day. Just picked up some Jamesons.
    Y'know, thinking of that might make the Christmas work a little more bearable. Think I'll go shopping for a new green derby.

I just bought a new chainsaw and hockey mask.

I caught a Praying Mantis today and now that treacherous bug resides in a cardboard box at my desk. Cooooreeeeeeepee!

Anybody stocking up on fire extinguishers?

We are going to Disney World for Micky's Halloween party, I am running the Halloween party at my daughters school and we are doing Greenfield Village's Halloween nights....I am trying to gets lots of use out of the overpriced Halloween costumes I bought this year