Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Thread: Christ Returns

Default Christ Returns

Small victories are important. A couples years back the exterior crucifix of the Church of the Messiah on E. Grand Blvd. at Lafayette had its Christ figure ripped down and stolen. It is speculated the thieves assumed it was scrapable bronze due to its green weathered bronze look but upon discovering it was made of a worthless composite ditched the body in weed lot.

How nice it is to drive past the church and see it restored, kinda like a 'we aren't going you let drag us down' statement.

They need a little sign down there that says it's not real bronze.

Wait. Are scrappers literate?

LOL! Great catchy thread title!

Stosh Guest

I agree, great title. Suckered me in anyway, just to see what had happened to him upon his return.
    Of course given the state of humanity these days, such a return could have taken any number of turns for the worse.

Maybe the church should leave free samples for the scrappers to eyeball. before they decide to deface the property. Hanging it higher may dissuade idiots as well.
    Last edited by Stosh; September-11-10 at 08:23 PM.

Maybe the church should give everything away.

lilpup Guest

wow, didn't realize it had been two years already

Quote Originally Posted by Stosh View Post
    I agree, great title. Suckered me in anyway, just to see what had happened to him upon his return.
    Of course given the state of humanity these days, such a return could have taken any number of turns for the worse.

Maybe the church should leave free samples for the scrappers to eyeball. before they decide to deface the property. Hanging it higher may dissuade idiots as well.
    I think hooking one side of 480 Volts AC to the figure of Christ and have a nice big puddle underneath which will be ground, that should keep it safe.

Christ returns.... Isn't this non-Detroit?

Ha ha, Christ returns only in Detroit.

So Christ is back, when is the Rapture due? Or was that yesterday?

And what's the traffic control plan when the owners of all the cars with "In case of rapture, this car will be unmanned"* bumper stickers are suddenly taken to the next level? I mean, we're going to have a ton of rusty old beaters drifting the streets at 6 mph or whatever an automatic transmission defaults to when you take your foot off the brake.

*When I first saw those stickers, I thought they were anti-male and referring to sexual rapture.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitehouse View Post
    So Christ is back, when is the Rapture due? Or was that yesterday?

Quote Originally Posted by Stosh View Post
    Couldn't go much worse than the first time he was here.

Even people robbing from God every day. I'm glad that Jesus spoke to those theives and left it someplace for someone to find it.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Even people robbing from God every day. I'm glad that Jesus spoke to those theives and left it someplace for someone to find it.
    OMFG! [[That stands for "Oh MY Fucking GOD!)

Don't you think Jesus might have said something before they took him from the cross.

As I recall, the first time they shifted his useless ass off of the wood he said:
    ELI ELI LAMA SABACHTHANI

It translates to: "My God, My God . . . why hast thou forsaken me?"

Sure.
    That's it.
    Jesus told those dirty thieves to leave him in the field, right!

Hilarious posts! Thank you!