Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default thousands march and protest

I wonder why no one march and protested over the senseless killing of 3000 people, yet hundreds of thousand march and protest over some copies of a Quran.............

The US was attacked, thousands died, billions of dollars in destruction, yet no one marched or protested over there........

Paper over people.......I just dont get it.
    here is the link

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/quran_burning_protests

Feb 93 - Al Qaeda attacks World Trade Center, six killed & 1042 injured
    Jun 96 - Destruction of Khobar Towers, nineteen servicemen killed
    Aug 98 - U.S. Embassy bombings in Tanzania and Kenya, 223 killed & 4085 injured
    Oct 00 - Al Qaeda bombs the U.S.S. Cole, seventeen servicemen killed
    Sep 01 - Al Qaeda attacks the World Trade Center and Pentagon, 3,000 killed
    Dec 01 - Shoe bomber on AA Flight 63 that failed
    Oct 02 - Bali bombing, 202 killed & 240 injured
    Mar 04 - Madrid train bombings, 191 killed & 1,800 injured
    Jul 05 - London bombings, 52 killed & 700 injured
    Oct 05 - Bali bombing, 20 killed
    Nov 09 - Fort Hood murders, 13 killed & 30 wounded
    Dec 09 - Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab attempts to murder 289 people on Flight 253
    May 10 - Times Square bombing attempt that failed
    Jul 10 - Double suicide bombing in Kampala, Uganda, 70 killed
    Aug 10 - 10 members of Christian medical team on humanitarian mission slaughtered
    Aug 10 - Gunmen storm hotel in Mogadishu, 31 killed
    Last edited by janesback; September-11-10 at 01:50 PM.

we ned to remember the thousands of our country men and women... we have proetsed it was called war... we honor their lives by not becoming what the enemy wants us to become...we honor with taking care of their families and those effected by terror... but remember Oklahoma City has a very dignified ceremony and monument...why bring up the pain over and over agian...only for political use... we also need to recognize the hundreds of thousands who die in wars of revenge too. ..and march for veterans rights when they come home... sned a donation...but protesting against what terrorists feeds into their warped PR..but linking their religion in protests is pure antiAmerican

checkraisej Guest

Quote Originally Posted by janesback View Post
    I just dont get it.
    No, you don't. And you probably never will.

I wonder why no one march and protested over the senseless killing of 3000 people, yet hundreds of thousand march and protest over some copies of a Quran.............

The US was attacked, thousands died, billions of dollars in destruction, yet no one marched or protested over there........

here is the link

Aug 10 - 10 members of Christian medical team on humanitarian mission slaughtered

Perhaps we should have taken a page from Les Miserables... and manned the barricades!

But seriously... does it require marching and parading to grieve [[after the fact) over the loss of so many innocents? Or is silent prayer and meditation, or going to a memorial service not a worthier cause? Nearly the entire world was with us on that tragic day... but the rookie in the White House soon squandered all that goodwill with his forray into Iraq.... and if you're going to protest anything... protest the loss of the over 4,000 lives that were thrown away in the vain search for "weapons of mass destruction".

The Quran burning hadn't yet happened, so yes people were protesting. It's a little pointless to protest to stop something from happening.... after the fact? Isn't it??

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post

Nearly the entire world was with us on that tragic day...
    Funny, I don't remember it that way. If I remember correctly there were thousands upon thousands of people in the mid-east dancing in the streets.

I'm sure some one here will tell me that my memory is bad and that it is disrespectful of me to even remember such a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jman View Post
    Funny, I don't remember it that way. If I remember correctly there were thousands upon thousands of people in the mid-east dancing in the streets.
    I think most people remember it the way Gistok does. But if you're accustomed to watching Al Qaeda/Fox news feeds, I'm sure you correctly remember what you claim.

oppression breeds terror..so of course they were dancing in the streets...that wasnt right that was natural for people that sees the USA and Israel as the aggressors... and now we were ready to parade around and burn their holy books...two idiot responses dont make a right [[right )...

if we dont learn from histroy we are doomed to perpetuate it...time to rise above the emotional responses and show the world we can be a nation of honor..that would take us from waging wars..and blindly supporting the very policies that cause misery in the third world

here is the link

That's right, the whole damn planet just turned a blind eye to it all right?

Did you march in protest when Madrid was bombed? London? Mogadishu? ANY of the places you listed?
    No? Why not? Is it maybe because you couldn't care less because it doesn't effect you? Now, maybe I'm remembering wrong, but I seem to remember the civilized world rallying to America's aid in every way they could manage. Canada, has been AT WAR, BY-YOUR-SIDE, from the very beginning as we ALWAYS WILL BE. You are our brothers and sisters. What about the rest of the Armed forces from around the globe who joined into your cause? That IS our march and protest! WTF else do you want from the world?
    Ever think that Europe is alot more likely to receive an attack than the States if that stupid redneck went ahead with this book burning? They were probably terrified this loser was going to plunge the planet even deeper into this mess with his redneck backwards agenda. "Stop stoking that fire!" was maybe Europes message, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    I think most people remember it the way Gistok does. But if you're accustomed to watching Al Qaeda/Fox news feeds, I'm sure you correctly remember what you claim.
    That must be it. I was watching an Al Qaeda/Fox news feed and they had hired some people to dance in the streets. Thanks for straightening me out on that bit of history.

I'm sure some one here will tell me that my memory is bad and that it is disrespectful of me to even remember such a thing.
    http://www.islamicity.com/articles/a...ref=AM0109-335
    http://www.september11news.com/Inter...alReaction.htm

Sorry, I couldn't find the paragraph in either of your links that said there was no dancing in the streets in the mid-east.

I'm all set though, Jimaz has given me the true historical account of the happenings of the day. There was no dancing, it was Fox News lies.

Jman:
    You said that you didn't remember that the U.S. had the world's sympathy after 9/11. My post showed you evidence that your remembrance was wrong. Now did a few people dance somewhere in the world? Probably. Were they well-informed on the history of U.S. foreign policy in the middle east? Who knows? They probably knew more than the average American because they live there, and the U.S. media has only recently shown the other side to the Palestinian/ Israeli troubles. How many Americans cheered the destruction of Baghdad? The media was practically having an orgasm over the bomb that went down the center of that tall building in Baghdad.

Quote Originally Posted by maxx View Post
    Jman:
    You said that you didn't remember that the U.S. had the world's sympathy after 9/11. My post showed you evidence that your remembrance was wrong. Now did a few people dance somewhere in the world? Probably. Were they well-informed on the history of U.S. foreign policy in the middle east? Who knows? They probably knew more than the average American because they live there, and the U.S. media has only recently shown the other side to the Palestinian/ Israeli troubles. How many Americans cheered the destruction of Baghdad? The media was practically having an orgasm over the bomb that went down the center of that tall building in Baghdad.
    You are right maxx. we are the bad guys. If it wasn't for our actions, 9/11 would have never occured. I do admit that the U.S. had most of the world's sympathy after 9/11 and now I even find out that "a few people" may have danced "somewhere in the world". Probably not the middle-east though. Right maxx?
    Just media, whoops, I mean Fox lies.

Jman:
    So you think our invasion of Iraq was justified? As I recall the story of people dancing in the streets came from Gaza.
    http://www.snopes.com/rumors/cnn.asp

So it looks like it was East Jerusalem. So what is your point? That we should bomb every muslim nation? That we should hate every muslim? With that sort of thinking, we would never have civilized race relations in the U.S..

You were right then. Gaza is somewhere in the world.

I think that the invasion of Iraq was justified? I think we should bomb every muslim nation? We should hate every muslim?

Your logic absolutely baffles me.

Where's the protest over the senseless 4400 deaths and 31000 injuries sustained by US citizens?

Perhaps because there is no draft?

littlebuddy Guest

While America does do bad things, why do so many believe that nobody else in the world does bad things. and if they do it is only in response to something bad America does first. Why can't some cultures be way more evil than ours? Why is it so hard to believe that some people teach their children to hate,lie,etc and that is the way it has been long before America ever did anything. Why do so many try to change a religion's history and what it has been all about for over a thousand years? Why is Fox news so evil, yet all the other networks are just so full of truth, justice and god's way? Maybe because truth is what they believe today, justice is anything a group or person can get from some conservite,christian, and their god is the god of sexual perversion,murder[[50 million innocents dead,)hating christianity, unless it is the watered-down version that stands for nothing, proclaims nothing and is nothing. So many of you are blind and being led by the blind.

You were right then. Gaza is somewhere in the world.

I think that the invasion of Iraq was justified? I think we should bomb every muslim nation? We should hate every muslim?

Your logic absolutely baffles me.
    What was your point in bringing up your remembrance?

Quote Originally Posted by maxx View Post
    What was your point in bringing up your remembrance?
    Because I didn't believe that the whole world was on our side so I was pointing out bad behaviour. Your defense against the bad behaviour was to point out bad behaviour by the U.S. Does that mean that you believe we should bomb the U.S.? Does that mean that you hate every citizen of the U.S.? If I followed your logic, I could only come to that conclusion.

Gistok qualified her/his statement."Nearly the entire world was with us on that tragic day... but the rookie in the White House soon squandered all that goodwill with his forray into Iraq."

Nearly. You chose to bring up the dancing in the streets. So do you think W's war in Iraq was justified?

You have already made up your mind with your assumptions. Now you want to get into a right wing/left wing arguement.

I leave that for someone else.

No, it's just that your understanding of proportionality is in question.

Thousands and thousands are not the same thing as billions and billions. One thousand is 0.1% of a million... and 1 million is 0.1% of a billion.

So you're arguing over the actions of something like 0.0001% of the worlds population....

Statisticians would dismiss 0.0001% as any sort of meaningful sample...
    Last edited by Gistok; September-12-10 at 02:45 PM.

When comparing apples to oranges, proportionality hardly comes into play.

Unless that you truly believe that every last person on earth except for the dancers knew about the incident and supported the U.S. that day.

One day in high school two guys ganged up on me and gave me a pretty good beating. The high school had 1,500 students. I am sure your statisticians would think that was not a meaningful sample but my nose was broken anyway.

I see that you and maxx do not like my pointing out that there was some inappropriate dancing on that day. For the life of me I cannot understand why the catholics/christians can be belittled time and time again on this board with out a question but if some one posts a fact about some muslims then the defenders of the faith appear.
    Last edited by Jman; September-12-10 at 04:02 PM.

In memory of those who died on the other September 11th, [[1973) an act of terrorism sponsored by Richard Nixon and Henry Kissinger.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00kQo...eature=related

Jman,

You are merely a prisoner of your perception and ego.

You make grand assumptions over tiny instances.

I understand that very well. I can fall into that behavior myself.

It helps if you don't perceive all responses as attacks upon you...unless, of course, you are only here LOOKING for a fight...or attempting to cause one to disrupt intelligent conversation.

May we all learn to open our minds and hearts beyond the simple things which seem to continually tap our triggers and trip our steps...or worse.

Cheers [[from just before the dawn...it is good to be downstate again.)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast