Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default L.A. Times on Detroit's struggle with its screen image

1. http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...,2691702.story

Here's a thoughtful story from the Los Angeles Times about a topic that is frequently discussed on this forum -- Detroit's image in film and on TV.

What...you want to try to put lipstick on a pig?

I can understand the outrage over it.

That said, if Detroit's leaders want the production money, they might just have to accept it.

The national media giving a thorough, balanced assessment of a topic relating to Detroit. I think I just saw a pig fly past my window...

Personally, I am rooting for Detroit 187. I hope the producers make sure to remind everyone that the star of Detroit 187 is the city of Detroit just as the city of New York is/was the star for the Law & Orders and Baltimore was for The Wire. I don't want the producers to try to shine up Detroit like it is a city of paradise. It is a rough and tumble city and the viewing audience need to see it for what it is.

We need the production money. The Detroit brand is already so decimated that the show won't make it any worse.