Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Baseball [[CoPa) & a Movie @ the Fox this Saturday!!

This Saturday September 11 Olympia Entertainment & Detroit Tigers will cohost the movie "Field of Dreams" at the Fox at 4PM, followed by a Tigers game at Comerica Park at 7:05.

Ticket Prices for the pair.... $15.00 !!!

It is rare that the Fox hosts movies anymore, but this Saturday they will. A great way to take your kids to an old time downtown movie palace movie matinee and afterwards to a baseball game at Comerica Park [[Tigers vs. Orioles) at 7:05 PM.

Call Comerica Park Ticket Office for details: [[866) 668-4437

I wish I could undo a PDF file I received, but alas no... so I can't post the Emailed flyer.

Kathleen or anyone... do you have the flyer to post.

I saw the wizard of oz at the fox when i was younger in the early 90's...it was awesome!

Bump...

I hope a lot of people take advantage of this bargain.... it sounds like another brainchild of Atanas Ilitch [[the creative Ilitch). He's the one who came up with the successful "Train to the ballpark" idea a few years ago. I'd like to see this baseball and a movie idea become successful. Otherwise it may be a long time until movies are shown at the Fox again.... and then folks will be complaining on this forum... "how come they don't show movies at the Fox"....

I think it's sold out now!

Sold out?
    The only movie I saw at the Fox was Lawrence of Arabia in the late 80's.
    I've taken in two concerts there. Saw Nancy Wilson&Lou Rawls in the late 80's and Diana Ross in '95. Had a great time at each event!When one talks about jewels of Detroit,The Fox is one of the first places that comes to mind.
    Last edited by trotwood; September-10-10 at 03:27 PM.

What a bullshit event. I can't believe the chutzpah of it all. Detroit had a "Field Of Dreams" and it was called Tiger Stadium. All the baseball greats and heroes portrayed in the movie actually played at Tiger Stadium. None of them played at Comerica Park. NONE.

Quote Originally Posted by eno View Post
    What a bullshit event. I can't believe the chutzpah of it all. Detroit had a "Field Of Dreams" and it was called Tiger Stadium. All the baseball greats and heroes portrayed in the movie actually played at Tiger Stadium. None of them played at Comerica Park. NONE.
    ... and none of them played in that corn field in Iowa either....

Tiger Stadium is gone.... it's time to let go....

It's sold out.... you call it bullshit.... I call it a success!
    Last edited by Gistok; September-11-10 at 03:05 PM.

great news...sold out! I wonder if the sell out was based/ on stadium seating area or the 4800 seat capacity of the Fox....

EastSider Guest

The Fox wasn't close to full, so the "sold out" notion has to refer to a set number of tickets set aside for the package. They had the balcony closed, but the main floor was about 75% full.

75% full on the main floor was indeed impressive. Hope they do this again next season!

Quote Originally Posted by detroitbob View Post
    75% full on the main floor was indeed impressive. Hope they do this again next season!
    They should play the series of films local filmmaker Gary Glaser has made about the Tiger Stadium issue. Either that or Robocop.