Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Monica Conyers Gets Her Comeuppance

For some reason, I'm taking particular delight in Monica Conyers finally being put in prison. I believe it has everything to do with her. Anyone hold similar feelings?

http://www.freep.com/article/20100909/NEWS01/100909008/

Can I get an AMEN? There is a God!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by eno View Post
    For some reason, I'm taking particular delight in Monica Conyers finally being put in prison.
    Me too.

She's supposed to be in prison 37 mos - that would be til Oct. 10, 2013. Is that the mandatory or is she eligible to get out early

Me, too. Her personality just screams entitlement, so it feels pretty good to see her get what's coming to her.

This couldn't have happened to a better person. And why the hell did she get a stay of execution for some sick family member? I'm sure they wouldn't have provided that to any average shlub.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxDetroit View Post
    Me too.

She's supposed to be in prison 37 mos - that would be til Oct. 10, 2013. Is that the mandatory or is she eligible to get out early
    More than likely she will serve more than 2 years in a prison then she will go to a halfway house or house arrest for some time and then release to serve the remaining of her term on probation. [[this is based on the three year sentence that Michael Vick received)

I thought there was no early release on Federal prison sentences.

ferntruth Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitej72 View Post
    This couldn't have happened to a better person. And why the hell did she get a stay of execution for some sick family member? I'm sure they wouldn't have provided that to any average shlub.
    whether we like it or not, Monica is not "any average shlub".

I'm sure she will come out of this a changed woman with a new perspective on her life.

"... something had happened—a thing which, years ago, had been the eagerest hope of many, many good citizens of the town. They had thought of it, longed for it, hoping acutely that they might live to see the day when it would come to pass. And now it had happened at last: Georgie Minafer had got his come-upance. He had got it three times filled and running over. The city had rolled over his heart, burying it under. ... Georgie Minafer had got his come-upance, but the people who had so longed for it were not there to see it, and they never knew it. Those who were still living had forgotten all about it and all about him." --Booth Tarkington's Magnificent Ambersons

Quote Originally Posted by eno View Post
    I thought there was no early release on Federal prison sentences.
    I thought so too but some convicted federal felons had been released to a halfway house towards the end of their sentences. In the case of Conyers, I was mistaken. Since she didn't get probation added to her sentence, she will do the majority of her time behind bars and then she will go to a halfway house. She still could do house arrest but she would not be released from federal custody until October 10, 2013 [[there is a leap year [2012] during her sentence so the feds may give her a 10/09 release.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitnerd View Post
    "... something had happened—a thing which, years ago, had been the eagerest hope of many, many good citizens of the town. They had thought of it, longed for it, hoping acutely that they might live to see the day when it would come to pass. And now it had happened at last: Georgie Minafer had got his come-upance. He had got it three times filled and running over. The city had rolled over his heart, burying it under. ... Georgie Minafer had got his come-upance, but the people who had so longed for it were not there to see it, and they never knew it. Those who were still living had forgotten all about it and all about him." --Booth Tarkington's Magnificent Ambersons
    Very perceptive, Dnerd, that was just the reference I was thinking of when I put thoughts to words. Great novel, great film. Gives one perspective on the transitory nature of things.

R&RBOB, I hope she emerges from prison a forgotten, if not forgiven, felon.

I expect one of two things will happen.

One, MonCon will be stricken with some sort of seizure in the next day or so and will be taken to the hospital for observation. Her doctors will report she is gravely ill from dehydration and mental fatigue and plead for a stay in having to report.

Two, she'll report at 12:01 AM in an attempt to avoid the glare of cameras.

DC48080 Guest

I doubt she will change one bit. I believe she will continue to blame everybody but herself for her lot in life. I think she will continue to cry racism. I think she will feel her "street cred" will be enhanced by her stay in the pokey.

Folks like her do not change easily.

LodgeDodger Guest

Am I the only one over here hoping she has a melt down? Something like OJ's white Bronco chase?

I have to see if she really goes in. I keep expecting to hear that she's been rushed to Sinai's emergency room. She's put this off for so long, she may have yet one more trick up her sleeve.

I'm sure the warden will be able to "control his house:"

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post

Two, she'll report at 12:01 AM in an attempt to avoid the glare of cameras.
    If she was smart which she is not, she should report early to avoid the media.

Quote Originally Posted by ejames01 View Post
    I'm sure the warden will be able to "control his house:"
    Monica to the warden: You're not my daddy. Control your house and you know how to treat other women better. Shrek!!! The first one to talk. Don't disrespect me.

Is it any wonder there's an overcrowding problem in Michigan jails/prisons....we've got enough corrupt officials to build a new wing or two. Maybe Kierra Bell [[the 8th grader who set Monica straight a couple years back) could have the pleasure of slapping on the cuffs or at least lowering the gavel. Good riddance Monica....don't let the door hit you on the way out! Oh how the mighty fall! No disrespect here....just go away and don't bother gracing Detroit with your presence EVER again. Crook!!!!!!!!!

Full disrespect here. Respect is earned, not an entitlement.

Good riddance.

Na na na na, Na na na na, Hey hey, GOODBYE!!! Sing it with me!!

Saw this on TV about an hour ago [[can't remember which channel) Their reporter rang the bell at her house yesterday and said Monica came to the door with no pants on Sounds like she's spending her last hours of freedom with Johnny Walker.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxDetroit View Post
    Saw this on TV about an hour ago [[can't remember which channel) Their reporter rang the bell at her house yesterday and said Monica came to the door with no pants on Sounds like she's spending her last hours of freedom with Johnny Walker.
    Oh Max, did we REALLY need THAT visual?????

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast