Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Forest and VanDyke

Does anyone from the old forum or anyone else want to re-open this thread?

Quote Originally Posted by jitterbugjo View Post
    Does anyone from the old forum or anyone else want to re-open this thread?
    The link to the old forum thread is here: Forest and Van Dyke

Here is what was on the 8000 block of E. Forest 80 years ago:

Last edited by kathy2trips; September-09-10 at 12:27 AM.

At the end of the thread on the old site there's a picture of one of the corners and I really like the building pictured. What are these signs I see on streetview about it being a "self help" community? It's kinda nice to see the area encouraging others to care about the community.
    If you go a little east on Forest there is a plywood sign with a painting of a church on it. Is that a representation of a church that stood there and burned? Is it the same location as one of Lowells headers with all the chairs on the grass around a cross?
    Also....I really like that old bank looking building on the south east corner too.