Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default ESPN "Outside the Lines" tells the story of Dave Bing--and Detroit

Jemele Hill, a native Detroiter, wrote an excellent informative piece on Dave Bing's candidacy for Detroit mayor. I thought this story would orbit Bing's NBA career, but Hill goes into great detail on Detroit's challenges and opportunities for readers in other parts of the country. Hill even compares Bing to Hazen Pingree, Detroit's businessman-turned-mayor, who was a father of the national progressive movement in the late 19th century. Enjoy the story: http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/etick...ge=090430/bing

Woot woot!

[[My company shot those interviews...)

Jemele did a very good job with that article. The thing that impressed me the most is that she didn't try to spin the resume/degree situation. I sorry she had to leave Detroit in order to further her career.

I'm not the biggest fan of some of the stuff she's done in the past, but she did a nice job with this article.

If I could vote in the upcoming election I'd vote for Bing. We pretty much know what KC is all about. Why not give Bing a six month test drive? If you're not happy with him kick him out next November.

I agree, and Cockrel goes back to City Council President instead of Conyers. Its a win, win.
    ...And I can vote